The Student Room Group

Plagiarism detection - Controlled assessment? Please help.

Hey guys,

Long story short, I may have uploaded my early coursework (not fully complete) to the internet - what i mean by this is: I didn't copy and paste my work onto a forum, instead i uploaded a .doc file of my controlled assessment to a page.

I don't care if others have used it or not, i just want to know will these detectors that exam boards use (i did AQA) will they be able to detect uploaded files to the internet? --- please answer this.

Or can they only check what has physically been copied and pasted onto the internet, and they can't check uploaded files?

Thanks,
Also to clarify, I've since deleted those posts from the internet, so on a plagiarism detector my work turns up as 100% original. Now i don't know if this was because i deleted the .doc file or if the plagiarism detector cannot scam uploaded files. please let me know

thanks
Original post by thanksman1234
Also to clarify, I've since deleted those posts from the internet, so on a plagiarism detector my work turns up as 100% original. Now i don't know if this was because i deleted the .doc file or if the plagiarism detector cannot scam uploaded files. please let me know

thanks

it probably won't come up i;m very sure, though ask your teacher in case and try not to do it in the future.
Original post by 1jonam16
it probably won't come up i;m very sure, though ask your teacher in case and try not to do it in the future.

I believe it's already been sent off now, so asking my teacher is out of the question
Reply 4
What subject is the coursework for,as not everyones coursework is sent for some subjects and a random sample is given? Are you sure that yours has been sent off?

Quick Reply

Latest