The Student Room Group

Switching to Zoology, Advice needed

So I currently study Japanese Studies at SOAS, and while I really love the course I recently decided that I want to work with animals either in a zoo or in conservation.

Basically Im lost. It took me ages to get to this course, and I love the language side of things, but thats only like 1/4 of my units and I can't see how the cultural studies side of things will help me in the future.

Im seriously tempted to drop out of my current degree and get some work experience and then apply for zoology degree.

Basically looking for advice on whether this would be a good idea or not, and maybe what studying zoology is actually like??

Thanks in advance
If you want to study just the language look for a short course. A degree in Japanese will include the cultural side of things as well. I think your first problem is not having done enough research about what the course is about and having unrealistic expectations of it. So that's the first thing to do with a new course. Work experience is also good because in general you won't get very far in the field of zoology without it. Visit the unis and try and get in touch with current students to get an idea if the course is for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending