The Student Room Group

switching a levels

hi! so i’m currently doing a levels: i’m doing biology, chemistry, psychology and geography. i’m hoping to do zoology at uni (so i require biology + another science so i chose chemistry), but the other 2 were my choice. i’m loving biology, chemistry and psychology, but i’m struggling a bit with the amount of content for geography. so far i’m finding physical geography kind of interesting (the water cycle) but human geography (globalisation) is dead boring. i didn’t do geography for gcse, so it was a bit of a gamble, and i knew i’d be a bit behind everyone else. i’ve been going back and forth about switching out geography for maths - maths has always been my best subject, i got a 9 at gcse and a A in additional maths. i didn’t choose maths as i thought it would be boring, however i’m wondering now if i made a mistake. i know i could do well in maths with relatively little effort (not trying to sound cocky i’m just trying to be realistic), so it would definitely save me time in the future. i have about a week or so left to change my course if i want to - i know of lots of other people who have switched their course so it’s not unusual at my college.

i would appreciate any advice from anyone, i’m leaning towards switching to maths, i think i just need a second opinion. thoughts?
Original post by shinyduck21
hi! so i’m currently doing a levels: i’m doing biology, chemistry, psychology and geography. i’m hoping to do zoology at uni (so i require biology + another science so i chose chemistry), but the other 2 were my choice. i’m loving biology, chemistry and psychology, but i’m struggling a bit with the amount of content for geography. so far i’m finding physical geography kind of interesting (the water cycle) but human geography (globalisation) is dead boring. i didn’t do geography for gcse, so it was a bit of a gamble, and i knew i’d be a bit behind everyone else. i’ve been going back and forth about switching out geography for maths - maths has always been my best subject, i got a 9 at gcse and a A in additional maths. i didn’t choose maths as i thought it would be boring, however i’m wondering now if i made a mistake. i know i could do well in maths with relatively little effort (not trying to sound cocky i’m just trying to be realistic), so it would definitely save me time in the future. i have about a week or so left to change my course if i want to - i know of lots of other people who have switched their course so it’s not unusual at my college.

i would appreciate any advice from anyone, i’m leaning towards switching to maths, i think i just need a second opinion. thoughts?

definitely drop geography, just do 3, don't torture youself

Quick Reply

Latest