Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my mum keeps all my student finance& job money- Can i do a transaction anonymously? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.. the title says it all.

Its because we are really struggling with paying the house and bills and a mortgage.

She's a single mum so i understand we need everything we can get to help make ends meet.

However, theres this bursary money that i won... and for once i want to keep that extra money to myself.

is there any way that once student loans drop next september ... i can quickly go take that money out for me and give the rest to my mum? without her finding out of course! if i take out that bursary money from the bank directly... will it show up on transactions? Any way of this not happening?

And please dont try convince me that i should talk to her about it... she will literally keep tabs of everything i buy or friends brays etc. so would rather not tell her. Awkward i know ;/

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Is there any reason (unless I've misunderstood) your money doesn't go in your own bank account?

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure student finance is only paid into your account? i.e. the account holder's name must match application.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that is called internet banking.

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell if troll or not

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal for her to do this you should have your own account and give her what you want

ReputationRep:
    OP surely you have to have your own bank account??

ReputationRep:
    i do have my own bank account but she keeps my card details and has my cards too!

I have signed up for internet banking... so that way i can quickly transfer my bursary money to myself, before she gets to the AGM machines.

Will this transfer show up? Any way of deleting it?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by πr²)
    Yes, that is called internet banking.
    With internet banking... is there any way i can transfer money from one account to another without it showing up in the mini statement?

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Honey:))
    i do have my own bank account but she keeps my card details and has my cards too!

I have signed up for internet banking... so that way i can quickly transfer my bursary money to myself, before she gets to the AGM machines.

Cancel your card and get new ones. And get a new pin.

ReputationRep:
    With internet banking... is there any way i can transfer money from one account to another without it showing up in the mini statement?

No. It's always going to show up on the statements. You should get your own cards that she can't access

ReputationRep:

Did you know that this is against the banks rules? If you had any problems this could invalidate some of the protection (for example, if your card details got stolen, they might ask if anyone else has access to them and it could affect whether they'd give it back, or so I was told by my bank).

My advice would be to tell her you've just found out about this and think it's better to change the card and just have you know it, in case your card details get stolen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.