The Student Room Group

A2 English Literature Coursework help?

We're starting our coursework over summer, and I want to get an A by the end of A2 so I want to do as well as I can on my coursework.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for doing well and getting high grades at A2 English Lit, especially for coursework, as this is what we will be tackling first?

I want to do as much work as I can over summer to try to put me in good stead for my A2 subjects! :smile:

Really just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for starting A2 well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by SteamboatMickey
We're starting our coursework over summer, and I want to get an A by the end of A2 so I want to do as well as I can on my coursework.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for doing well and getting high grades at A2 English Lit, especially for coursework, as this is what we will be tackling first?

I want to do as much work as I can over summer to try to put me in good stead for my A2 subjects! :smile:

I'm going to move this into the English study help forum - you'll probably get more answers there :biggrin:

I'd recommend reading around your topics, and reading criticism about your topics too. I think a wide range of knowledge is one of the most important bits of studying English. What topics/modules are you doing for your coursework?
The best coursework starts early- as my teacher said!

I got a high grade on mine, but annoyingly I won't know until results day. Make sure you have a good choice of texts and choose a book which has been around a while, with a suitable amount of criticism and contextual research accessible online. Know the mark scheme and if you're reading a book and like a quote or find it accessible and applicable to the theme you might want to focus on, write it down. I did 'Gone With The Wind' and there were a lot of sheets of quotes in my room!
Reply 4
I'm starting my coursework over the summer too! What two texts are you looking at? I have no clue how to start mine...I just stare blankly at the screen hoping something will come to mind! haha
Original post by SteamboatMickey

Have a look at this thread and ask the question on here.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4214408

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending