The Student Room Group

Getting beyond interview...

Hi all,

I'm a creative arts graduate with a 2:1 bachelors degree. I'm looking at going into graphic design, and so I've been applying for internships, jobs and opportunities where I can get my foot in the door, as a graduate with no experience.

At this point, I know that I probably should've gained some industry experience while in university, however I experienced a lot of personal struggles throughout my final year.

Conclusively, I've been applying for anything that would give me that primary experience to then allow me to apply for more jobs later on.*

I drafted my CV and cover letter up, and I subsequently got offered an interview at a large public health organisation. Unfortunately, I didn't get beyond interview.

I believe my interview probably went wrong for a variety of reasons, performance wise and of course I was anxious. I don't have a lot of interview experience either.

Does anyone have any advice?

P.s. I'm going to reply to their follow up email and ask for feedback, as they offered that to me. Which was nice, as most employers dont bother.*
put your CV on a "popular" job site (Reed, Monster, totaljobs, Indeed)
you'd be contacted by recruiters every day (if not, you need to bolster your CV)
the more exposure your CV gets, the greater your chances of interviews elsewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending