The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York - Physics with Astrophysics application questions.

Hello,

I'm in year 12 currently. I want to apply to a physics with astrophysics, plus a year in industry for University of York.

How should I prepare?
What is sought out in personal statements?
How do interviews typically go?
Is it possible to land a place on these courses without extracirriculars beyond teaching work experience?
When do I apply if I want to start in 2024, and further, when would my interview be following this if I get one?

I'm open to hear anything relevent to the application process. My dad suggests I write an essay on a relevant astrophysics topic, is that a good idea?
Original post by undyingUmbrage
Hello,

I'm in year 12 currently. I want to apply to a physics with astrophysics, plus a year in industry for University of York.

How should I prepare?
What is sought out in personal statements?
How do interviews typically go?
Is it possible to land a place on these courses without extracirriculars beyond teaching work experience?
When do I apply if I want to start in 2024, and further, when would my interview be following this if I get one?

I'm open to hear anything relevent to the application process. My dad suggests I write an essay on a relevant astrophysics topic, is that a good idea?

Hi,

Here is a handy page with top tips for personal statements. In terms of your other questions, I think that the department would be best placed to answer them, as I studied a different subject at York so I'm not sure how the interviews work for Physics. You can email the department at [email protected] or send them a message on Twitter.

Hazel :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest