The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio at St George's?

I was actually searching for that yesterday, but with little success... The only thing I found was from 5 years ago saying there were 500 interviews for 120ish places... Then there's also that tsr ratio thing saying there's a 1/2.5 chance of getting in once you have been interviewed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
I was actually searching for that yesterday, but with little success... The only thing I found was from 5 years ago saying there were 500 interviews for 120ish places... Then there's also that tsr ratio thing saying there's a 1/2.5 chance of getting in once you have been interviewed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found a freedom of request information for them asking about the number of interviews, offers and places for 2012 and 2013 deferred cycles. Here it is.

'' REQUEST

3 January 2013

I am making a request regarding statistics A100 UCAS cycle. All requests are for last year's cycle for 2012 entry and
deferred 2013 entry.

1) How many applications were there for medicine?
2) What was the number of places available?
3) How many applicants were interviewed?
4) How many offers were made?

RESPONSE

2012 MBBS5 (A100) ADMISSIONS:
1) 1319 applications
2) 139 places available
3) 440 interviews
4) 255 conditional offers made

There are 5 candidates who have deferred from 2012 to 2013 (offered places in 2012 but have opted to take an
extra year before enrolling). ''

Here's the website. I will let you know (perhaps by PM) if I find a more recent cycle.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/st_georges_a100_statistics

440 interviews and 260 conditional offers made. 255 offers for the same year and the other 5 chose to defer. So the chances are pretty decent of getting an offer after an interview I'd say.
Reply 382
I found a freedom of request information for them asking about the number of interviews, offers and places for 2012 and 2013 deferred cycles. Here it is.

'' REQUEST

3 January 2013

I am making a request regarding statistics A100 UCAS cycle. All requests are for last year's cycle for 2012 entry and
deferred 2013 entry.

1) How many applications were there for medicine?
2) What was the number of places available?
3) How many applicants were interviewed?
4) How many offers were made?

RESPONSE

2012 MBBS5 (A100) ADMISSIONS:
1) 1319 applications
2) 139 places available
3) 440 interviews
4) 255 conditional offers made

There are 5 candidates who have deferred from 2012 to 2013 (offered places in 2012 but have opted to take an
extra year before enrolling). ''

Here's the website. I will let you know (perhaps by PM) if I find a more recent cycle.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/st_georges_a100_statistics

440 interviews and 260 conditional offers made. 255 offers for the same year and the other 5 chose to defer. So the chances are pretty decent of getting an offer after an interview I'd say.

For Home applicants, there are 2.3 applicants per interview. So a decent chance of getting in. This is according to http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf#page36
Original post by Failingstudent98
I thought you needed 3 A's???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Praying that they're dazzled by the A* xD
Reply 384
when is sgul sending out interviews in bulk? can I expect anything in the beginning of december or perhaps before christmas.
I really don't want to wait till next year, but if that is the case I guess I have to go with it. does sgul let you choose the interview dates or do they give specific date and time
Original post by 11...
when is sgul sending out interviews in bulk? can I expect anything in the beginning of december or perhaps before christmas.
I really don't want to wait till next year, but if that is the case I guess I have to go with it. does sgul let you choose the interview dates or do they give specific date and time

I honestly have no idea how SGUL give out interviews, I was under the impression that it was in order of UKCAT ranking but it doesn't seem like it. They should have a fair way of doing it instead of it being random. I think you are allowed to choose your interview dates, previous people have said that in the thread!
Reply 386
Original post by FKAsamuel
I honestly have no idea how SGUL give out interviews, I was under the impression that it was in order of UKCAT ranking but it doesn't seem like it. They should have a fair way of doing it instead of it being random. I think you are allowed to choose your interview dates, previous people have said that in the thread!

thx. it is so not fair how they don't inform you about the order in which interviews are given out. it is pretty annoying. ppl with lower stats than me seem to have got interviews. my ps and reference is good as well so idk
Original post by 11...

I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they said by the end of December they should be done sending

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11...
thx. it is so not fair how they don't inform you about the order in which interviews are given out. it is pretty annoying. ppl with lower stats than me seem to have got interviews. my ps and reference is good as well so idk

Yeah same here, people with much lower UKCAT than me have been given interview dates!
Does anyone know anything about the waitlist?! All my stats are fine apart from my UKCAT, I scored just below the cut off...
What are my chances, (if any) of getting an interview?
Original post by Avempace
Does anyone know anything about the waitlist?! All my stats are fine apart from my UKCAT, I scored just below the cut off...
What are my chances, (if any) of getting an interview?

Most of us who met the cut off still haven't heard for our interviews yet 😭 so I guess the wait listed would be after that- maybe March time once they've done most the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shencha
Most of us who met the cut off still haven't heard for our interviews yet 😭 so I guess the wait listed would be after that- maybe March time once they've done most the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I met or exceeded all SGUL reqs and I got an interview about a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by This is now my username
I met or exceeded all SGUL reqs and I got an interview about a week ago

Well done. I have also exceeded them and haven't heard anything. Safe to say that a lot of us in the same position as me still haven't heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shencha
Well done. I have also exceeded them and haven't heard anything. Safe to say that a lot of us in the same position as me still haven't heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, it's the same for me.
Met GCSE requirement, A*AA prediction, 703 average UKCAT and haven't heard back. I reckon I will be contacted around mid December hopefully. I don't want a very late interview. An interview in Early-mid January would be nice!
Yup, it's the same for me.
Met GCSE requirement, A*AA prediction, 703 average UKCAT and haven't heard back. I reckon I will be contacted around mid December hopefully. I don't want a very late interview. An interview in Early-mid January would be nice!

Yeah when I spoke to them they said they would have contacted people by December, so hopefully we should hear soon! I too want to be interviewed in January first, as st Georges is the university I least want to go to so I think I would be the least nervous (but still very nervous!) there... So it would be nice to have that one first before any other interviews I might get...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shencha
Yeah when I spoke to them they said they would have contacted people by December, so hopefully we should hear soon! I too want to be interviewed in January first, as st Georges is the university I least want to go to so I think I would be the least nervous (but still very nervous!) there... So it would be nice to have that one first before any other interviews I might get...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh that's annoying. Where else have you applied?
Original post by This is now my username
Ugh that's annoying. Where else have you applied?

Bristol, Liverpool and Nottingham... Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shencha
Bristol, Liverpool and Nottingham... Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barts, Kings and Manchester

Original post by 11...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post68760270

check out this thread. it is really useful. Online Medical Interview Practice 2017 entry. includes MMI and Panel.

This thread has been removed

To anyone who already has an interview, do you get to choose an interview date??? Also are thy available on weekends? I might be busy on 17th and 18th which is a weekend and I'm nervous of SGUL giving me an interview on that date! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending