The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Thats quite good! Makes a lot of sense and spits out a bit of reality! :smile:
Reply 2
Wow, talk about brutal. Although I suppose there is some truth in it.
Reply 3
I dont really thinks its that useful. I blame the government for not suggesting other alternatives to university.
Reply 4
So this person wants to dispense advice to the masses yet can't spell habit. Nice.

Anyhow, I think there is some truth in it, but I don't like the message of 'do an easy degree'. Especially when it's coupled with 'don't do a degree in a subject you found hard at A-level' which appears to be contradictory because it's promoting selecting a subject you're good at. I don't think there is such a thing as an easy degree (yes I know the subject has been debated many times) so that advice is a little off.

I agree with the bit about the government's targets though, trying to shove as many people in there as possible just so that it can have a statistic to make itself look good. I mean we've learnt from the NHS that targets don't work the way they're supposed to, why do they think targets will have a positive result here?

With a little refinement and less inappropriate use of text formatting it might be decent advice, but not as it is.
Ironic_
With a little refinement and less inappropriate use of text formatting it might be decent advice, but not as it is.

I COULD not AGREEMORE.
Reply 6
It's rather over-simplified. It seems to suggest that a 2.2 is some sort of disaster that makes you completely unemployable, which just isn't true. It just cuts you out of the top careers like the civil service faststream and work in the City. Plenty of people get 2.2s and still do quite nicely.

Latest

Trending

Trending