The Student Room Group

IP address hack? ASAP ANSWERS!!!

So I've been in a recent argument with a few girls and there was a fake account involved and the girls are saying they've got the account tracked to my IP address and the device messages but I swear on my life I haven't made a second account for the argument also the person the account is arguing with I didn't even know they were involved anyway

I need to know ASAP as I am apparently in trouble with police and I'm not taking the rat for someone else so I was wondering if the ip has been hacked or has any malicious software attaches?
Your IP address is the address of your device. It may or may not be static depending on your ISP. Regardless, it is equivalent to the address of your house and can't in itself be hacked. However, there is nothing to stopping someone from setting up an account in your name, or using a man-in-the-middle attack to intersect communications from / to your device. But it is unlikely. Given that this post actually revolves around what sounds like a petty argument, it is more likely that these people you are talking to are throwing "My dad is bigger than your dad" style statements at you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending