Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2017 University of Edinburgh hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

US student here, got an unconditional for History on November 17th! :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by blue2337
Oh my god hey! This is such a great thread, I hope people start using this!! I'll add in my AS choices too if you don't mind!

GCSE Grades: 10A*s with maths, English, triple science award, history, French, Russian and Latin
Predicted AS grades: AAAA in mocks
Actual AS grades: AAAA - 88% in English Lang, 92% in History, 94.5% in Class Civ and 99% in English Lit, giving me an overall raw mark average of 93.35%
Predicted A Level grades: 3 A*s!
A Level choices: English Literature, English Language, History, Classical Civilisation (but I'm hopefully dropping this after AS), EPQ
Course: Linguistics!!!! If anyone's ever seen my posts, I'm pretty into the subject...
Extra curricular: Linguistics Olympiad (Silver award), won my school's essay comp, entered a Cambridge essay comp, did some writing for First News in 2014, Cambridge Linguistics masterclass, grade 6 ballet tap and modern, grade 6 speech and drama, won a whole school poetry competition, founded a couple of choirs at my new school, been in a bunch of school plays/musicals, directing a spoken word choir, learning Swedish and French on the side, plus lots of extra reading too!!
Other universities applying to: Cambridge, UCL, York, Newcastle/Manchester

I'd love to go to Edinburgh, did you go to the open day? I loved it at the open day, more than any other uni so far!

someone's a bit up themselves....
Original post by polymath98

excuse me?
Original post by polymath98

So what if he/she is? Seems like she worked her guts out so she could be. Let her be proud of her success.

True, I wasn't interested in her grades neither, but if you don't care, simply don't mind replying...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by christineedaley
hi! I did! Have you heard anything from them? :smile:

Me too! I have an interview on the 8th March!!!
Original post by Sanaa SurnamE
any vet hopefuls?

Me! I have an interview on the 8th March!
Hi! I've applied to 2 courses at Edinburgh!! One is Veterinary Medicine (which I have an interview for) and the other is Infectious Diseases (as my 5th choice)! Has anyone else applied for it and if so have you heard anything yet?😬😬
Almost ended up in hospital after a violent panic attack at the sight of an email from the University of Edinburgh starting by "Thank you for your application!". Turned out to be an invitation for a colouring about Christmas. It was so cruel.
Reply 368
Original post by indvolda
Almost ended up in hospital after a violent panic attack at the sight of an email from the University of Edinburgh starting by "Thank you for your application!". Turned out to be an invitation for a colouring about Christmas. It was so cruel.

Omg I got that too it was literally brutal 😭😭

Same ahaha. :biggrin: Any email from a university is freaking me out!

Haha same and at the same time I got an email from UCAS track telling me to check UCAS because it had been updated... So brutal turned out to be the official rejection from Oxford hahaha
Original post by elnino1.0
Haha same and at the same time I got an email from UCAS track telling me to check UCAS because it had been updated... So brutal turned out to be the official rejection from Oxford hahaha

That sucks omg. :redface: Good luck with your other choices though! :biggrin:
Original post by GrétaPanna
So what if he/she is? Seems like she worked her guts out so she could be. Let her be proud of her success.

True, I wasn't interested in her grades neither, but if you don't care, simply don't mind replying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thank you. I was just really stoked with my AS grades because, at the time of the exams, my mum went into hospital and almost died, and I became her carer whilst trying to revise for AS exams, and my granddad died so I had to take time off for the funeral.
Hi,
Just wondering if any A100 Medicine applicants have heard back yet? Also, am I correct in saying that they don't interview for undergraduate medicine?
Thanks in advance :smile:
anybody here who has received an offer for MA accounting and finance? please do share your gcse and AS grades aswell
Original post by Elisa DP
Hi,
Just wondering if any A100 Medicine applicants have heard back yet? Also, am I correct in saying that they don't interview for undergraduate medicine?
Thanks in advance :smile:

As a vet applicant I believe they don't interview for medicine - I'm not sure why when they interview us!
Original post by TheVirtualPhoton
As a vet applicant I believe they don't interview for medicine - I'm not sure why when they interview us!

Ah okay. Its really weird that they don't interview, and I can't decide whether its a good thing or not... :/
Reply 377
Eyyy, UK applicant here, got an offer to study Maths today :biggrin: Wasn't expecting a reply until after christmas!

EDIT: Should be under the Offers thread ahaha, sorry
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm going firm Edinburgh

Plz answer

Heriot Watt or strathcylde ? which one should i insure ? which one is better in terms of its reputation for chemical engineering in uk and abroad ? Has better sport and academic facilities and better student satisfaction rates

Be honest pls
Original post by AEFRGF
I'm going firm Edinburgh

Plz answer

Heriot Watt or strathcylde ? which one should i insure ? which one is better in terms of its reputation for chemical engineering in uk and abroad ? Has better sport and academic facilities and better student satisfaction rates

Be honest pls

Choose a one with requirements you can meet, not based on league tables and stuff. Both are good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending