The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alio
im 18 and ppl think im 13/14 :frown: im only 5ft and petite though so its really difficult, does any1 have any tips. by the way coz i do quite a bit of sport i cant dress up all the time :rolleyes:

are you really 18 looking 13...or are you 13 trying to look 18?
kriztinae
ur hair sounds fine, walk with confidence. confidence is they key. says the 17 yr old who walked into an over 21 club when she was 15 :wink:
oh and if you dont know how to apply makeup, dont put it, no offence it will just make u look like the lil kids who put too much and look silly.
get someone to help you nd ull eventually learn

i can never do that...they always stop me and question le age...everyone goes on about how im 'not legal'....damn it...im old enough! sorry a bit of frustration and envy.
Reply 22
ThornsnRoses
are you really 18 looking 13...or are you 13 trying to look 18?

18 trying to look 18
Reply 23
is your hairstyle quite flat/blunt? get it feathered and layered. is your actual face quite mature? (i.e looks like the face of an 18yr old) if so don't hide it behind a blunt hairdo

kristinae's advice is really the best though- move with confidence, talk with confidence, and people will think you are your age. or older.

edit: thanks for telling me, didn't realise! i forgot who said it in the first pace and scrolled down the recent replies, but because alio had quoted it i read her name at the side not realising. god thats twice i've done this today
Reply 24
having said that looking young des have its advantages, especially if you still rely on public transport a lot.... :rolleyes:
alio
18 trying to look 18

flash your id card around
Reply 26
You are female, I'm suprised you get questioned at all. When i go out with friends, they let females right into clubs without asking the age, we get metal detected and stuff, if we even get chance to reach the door, which i dont because I look 15.
Reply 27
priya
is your hairstyle quite flat/blunt? get it feathered and layered. is your actual face quite mature? (i.e looks like the face of an 18yr old) if so don't hide it behind a blunt hairdo

alio's advice is really the best though- move with confidence, talk with confidence, and people will think you are your age. or older.

i am alio lol, ppl say my face only looks about 12 years old lol but being 5ft doesn't help either, hair is layered and straight but it ends up really curly by the end of the day :rolleyes:
im doomed!
Reply 28
priya
having said that looking young des have its advantages, especially if you still rely on public transport a lot.... :rolleyes:

yea i still get on the bus for 40p :biggrin: and some inspectors came on once checking tickets and i thought id get caught wiv fraud but he just looked at the ticket, said thanks and walked past
Reply 29
priya
alio's advice is really the best though- move with confidence, talk with confidence, and people will think you are your age. or older.

Isnt alio the one asking the question?
Reply 30
if ure small, young looking face, not much u can do
Sorry, but all this confidence stuff is bollocks. Confidence is natural, you cant fake it, and if you act confident you just look stupid and people can see right through it.
Reply 32
thenarbisbanned
Sorry, but all this confidence stuff is bollocks. Confidence is natural, you cant fake it, and if you act confident you just look stupid and people can see right through it.

"Confidence is natural", "if you act confident"

Reminds me of the Oxymoron "Act Naturally" ie, it makes no sense
Sparkie
"Confidence is natural", "if you act confident"

Reminds me of the Oxymoron "Act Naturally" ie, it makes no sense

Isnt that exactly what I said?
Reply 34
thenarbisbanned

a lot of people are actually natuarally confident, but they don't channel it properly. i've managed to develop my confidence in social situations loads in the past few years- you need guts, (or no sense of reality in my case) to be able to do this
priya
a lot of people are actually natuarally confident, but they don't channel it properly. i've managed to develop my confidence in social situations loads in the past few years- you need guts, (or no sense of reality in my case) to be able to do this

I have loads of confidence in social situations, but walking into a club acting confident doesnt get you anywhere, and in most cases just makes things worse..
Reply 36
in my experience, i'f i've been standing in the queue constantly whispering to friends, or looking around everywhere, they're more likely to id me as opposed to if i walk straight in chatting to someone, appearing to take little notice of the bouncers
Reply 37
priya
in my experience, i'f i've been standing in the queue constantly whispering to friends, or looking around everywhere, they're more likely to id me as opposed to if i walk straight in chatting to someone, appearing to take little notice of the bouncers

That tends to work well for me at the one club in town that regularly turns away people that look old enough and have valid ID, but I don't know if that's confidence as much as avoiding the gaze of the bouncers.
Reply 38
a girl i know, when asked for ID in liverpool, actually once said to the bouncers "do I LOOK like i need ID????!"

sufficed to say she was let in no problems
priya

Not the way it works around here at least, infact if you get your ID out ready youre less likely to be asked for it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending