The Student Room Group

Is year 10 girl and year 9 boy ok?

hes january 09 and nearly a foot taller than me and im september 07 we met outside of school at a type of youth club😭
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cinnamongirl20
Is year 10 girl and year 9 boy ok?

Isn't it too early? How old are you guys exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
Isn't it too early? How old are you guys exactly?

14 and 15, about a year and 4 months difference
im in year 9.....kinda idk for me.....like it's ok ig in generall for people but for me personally nope.
Reply 4
14 and 15, about a year and 4 months difference

Personally, I think you guys are quite young now and at this age, people give more importance to their hearts rather than their mind which isn't a good prospect.

If you want something casual, then you can do whatever you prefer. When you think about a long-lasting relationship, then there are loads of factors to consider because things will change as you grow. And the rest is your call to make.
Reply 5
hes january 09 and nearly a foot taller than me and im september 07 we met outside of school at a type of youth club😭

OK to be friends, nothing more.
Reply 6
Generally in schools it’s socially acceptable to date a year above or below maximum, but it’s more unusual if the girl is older. I’d say it’s okay ?
Original post by Anonymous
Generally in schools it’s socially acceptable to date a year above or below maximum, but it’s more unusual if the girl is older. I’d say it’s okay ?

i agree ngl... but it is kindda weird ngl.. like looking at our generation...it is more likely for the guy to be older.
Reply 8
Original post by MyLifeNotFound
i agree ngl... but it is kindda weird ngl.. like looking at our generation...it is more likely for the guy to be older.

No offence. Is it written somewhere that the girl can't be older than the guy? That's a pretty old-generation mentality to me. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are an example of it. Even though they're not exactly from our generation, I reckon it's alright as long as the couple is happy.
Original post by Meheraj
No offence. Is it written somewhere that the girl can't be older than the guy? That's a pretty old-generation mentality to me. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are an example of it. Even though they're not exactly from our generation, I reckon it's alright as long as the couple is happy.

it isnt. but as u can see where i have written...'like looking at our generation' meaning in this generation u wont see an older girl it is rare
Reply 10
it isnt. but as u can see where i have written...'like looking at our generation' meaning in this generation u wont see an older girl it is rare

Well, I've got an example. One of your friends is doing it. Can you recall who is she?
Original post by Meheraj
Well, I've got an example. One of your friends is doing it. Can you recall who is she?

yes i do. but i have my own opinions on things...so i find it weird but i just cuz i find it weird i cant tell them no u guys can't date...so yh...
Reply 12
yes i do. but i have my own opinions on things...so i find it weird but i just cuz i find it weird i cant tell them no u guys can't date...so yh...

Definitely, you've the right. I just brought it up for context.
Original post by Meheraj
Definitely, you've the right. I just brought it up for context.

yh...ok. cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending