The Student Room Group

Bristol Uni or Gap year

Basically I recieved an offer from Bristol Uni for Economics (AAA). However I did better than expected and received A*A*A (with the A being in maths). So with my grades is it worth taking a gap yr so I can reapply to better uni such as Wawrick/Lse? Or should I just stick with Bristol? Bare in mind, I'm interested in a career in finance and Bristol is only a semi target.

Thanks.
Original post by mk_98
Basically I recieved an offer from Bristol Uni for Economics (AAA). However I did better than expected and received A*A*A (with the A being in maths). So with my grades is it worth taking a gap yr so I can reapply to better uni such as Wawrick/Lse? Or should I just stick with Bristol? Bare in mind, I'm interested in a career in finance and Bristol is only a semi target.

Thanks.

Have you looked into Adjustment?
LSE require the A* to be in Maths, although maybe because you got A*s in the other two they may be a bit lenient.
Reply 3
Original post by usycool1
Have you looked into Adjustment?

Yes. I called up Ucl and wawrick and both said they have no places available for economics.
Reply 4
Original post by JRKinder
LSE require the A* to be in Maths, although maybe because you got A*s in the other two they may be a bit lenient.

Well I was hoping to apply for their economics and economic history course, which is AAB.
Original post by mk_98
Well I was hoping to apply for their economics and economic history course, which is AAB.
Oh well in that case you should be fine, make sure you give equal weighting to each part in your personal statement though because LSE are VERY picky about PS's. I think it's a tough one though, because a straight Economics degree is probably a bit more useful because of the maths content (although this'll depend on what job you want to go into), but LSE obviously has the prestige factor over Bristol. Which course do you think you'd enjoy the most, and which do you think you'll get a higher classification in?

Quick Reply

Latest