The Student Room Group

Should I do a gap year?

I applied for CS but missed out on my top choices. I have offers from Bristol and Manchester which are good but some people say I should take a gap year then reapply. Can someone help me!
Pred grades: A*A*A*
Reply 1
Original post by Pj75695
I applied for CS but missed out on my top choices. I have offers from Bristol and Manchester which are good but some people say I should take a gap year then reapply. Can someone help me!
Pred grades: A*A*A*

in all honesty CS is very competitive but also it really depends on what a level grades you get. maybe say to yourself that if you were to achieve A* A* A* you should re apply? but also i feel CS is so competitive that the chances of getting into anywhere better than bristol or manchester even w 3 x A* is slim.
Reply 2
Yep, take a gap year and apply to your dream unis. You will always have a niggle in the back of your mind if you go to say Manchester - what if, what if. A gap year will go quickly and then you can say, hand on heart that you tried to get into your first choice uni - or better still - you end up going to your first choice uni.
Reply 3
Pick Bristol / Manchester as your Firm. Wait until August and see what your grades are.
Then decide - pick whether you want to go to your Firm(if they have accepted you), or risk a reapplication where you still may not get your favourite choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending