The Student Room Group

Bad AS results, need advice for A2

So I recently got my AS results and they were not what I expected. My grades are as the following:
B in Philosophy and Ethics ( 3 marks off an A so I'm getting it remarked),
D in Psychology ( Unsure as of yet what my mark was until I get back to school in September - if I was close to a C then I will get it remarked),
D in Product Design
U in Biology 😔
I would like to go to university to study a Joint Honours course in Psychology and Biology, but my school will probably not allow me to do Biology A2. So should I resit AS Biology and go back a whole year ? I'm unsure of what happens next so could someone explain to me please? Thank you👍🏼
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gagan_245
So I recently got my AS results and they were not what I expected. My grades are as the following:
D in Psychology ( Unsure as of yet what my mark was until I get back to school in September - if I was close to a C then I will get it remarked),
D in Product Design
U in Biology 😔
I would like to go to university to study a Joint Honours course in Psychology and Biology, but my school will probably not allow me to do Biology A2. So should I resit AS Biology and go back a whole year ? I'm unsure of what happens next so could someone explain to me please? Thank you👍🏼

My recommendation would be to talk to someone at your school, as they will be best placed to answer your questions.
- Tell them want you want to do in university.
- Create a plan before you go back to school of what your going to do to improve( explain what went wrong with biology).
- Go the extra mile with work in biology
- Cry, you need to cry if they continue saying NO! AND BEG!

Last year for my GCSE biology i got a C and i needed a B to do it for AS level.
I did a 40 page report (while it was suppose to be a page) and told my teacher i need biology for my course, i started crying & went on my knees...... :wink: that did the trick!
Reply 3
Original post by Gagan_245
D in Product Design
U in Biology 😔
I would like to go to to study a Joint Honours course in Psychology and Biology, but my school will probably not allow me to do Biology A2. So should I resit AS Biology and go back a whole year ? I'm unsure of what happens next so could someone explain to me please? Thank you👍🏼

So after searching, I have discovered that there is a course in Psychology and Philosophy which I may pursue seeing as I have an interest in both subjects. If anyone does that degree, could you help by telling me how the course is and which career it is directing you towards?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest