The Student Room Group

advice please i ruined my life

ive failed my life honestly. im a fcking idiot i tried so hard at AS with straight A*/As burnt out at A2 revised for ALL my alevels 2 nights before... i got lucky and everything i revised came up but i messed that up too bc i didnt revise properly i could have done so well if i just tried a little bit... i had contextual offers from a top 5 uni and now thats probably gone.

ill have to resit and reapply only to be rejected cuz of having to resit and my a2 results being absolute **** (my mocks were like BDD and it went worse this time). today was my last exam and i couldnt answer so many questions because i ran out of time.

if i studied just a little bit, even a week! i could have gotten the offer to get into the uni of my dreams that students with 4A* got rejected over. im applying for a humanities degree so i cant get relatively high paying jobs / demand jobs with it... if i did stem maybe i could still earn money as id have a demand degree even if its from a bad uni. now i dunno what to do. resits from top unis get rejected so do i go to average uni for my average degree and pay tons of money for it?? i wish i did stem even if i hated it at least i wouldnt let down my family we can barely pay rent lol and im their only child / hope they put everything into me. any advice is appreciated it. what do i do??? i need a plan to fix my failed miserable future, i have one life.
Original post by Anonymous
ive failed my life honestly. im a fcking idiot i tried so hard at AS with straight A*/As burnt out at A2 revised for ALL my alevels 2 nights before... i got lucky and everything i revised came up but i messed that up too bc i didnt revise properly i could have done so well if i just tried a little bit... i had contextual offers from a top 5 uni and now thats probably gone.

ill have to resit and reapply only to be rejected cuz of having to resit and my a2 results being absolute **** (my mocks were like BDD and it went worse this time). today was my last exam and i couldnt answer so many questions because i ran out of time.

if i studied just a little bit, even a week! i could have gotten the offer to get into the uni of my dreams that students with 4A* got rejected over. im applying for a humanities degree so i cant get relatively high paying jobs / demand jobs with it... if i did stem maybe i could still earn money as id have a demand degree even if its from a bad uni. now i dunno what to do. resits from top unis get rejected so do i go to average uni for my average degree and pay tons of money for it?? i wish i did stem even if i hated it at least i wouldnt let down my family we can barely pay rent lol and im their only child / hope they put everything into me. any advice is appreciated it. what do i do??? i need a plan to fix my failed miserable future, i have one life.

Have you ever worked at a proper job? There is more to life than just education and continued studies.

From your context I understand you came from a struggling family, no worries in the UK we have Universal Credit and they can even get support from the local council. You honestly shouldn't worry, my parents painted the same circumstantial picture to me but later in life, I realised my parents told me a host of white lies.

Before, now and after school/college wherever you are right now in life, you need to apply one key thing: Commitment. To be successful in anything you have to commit your time, in this case, you have 3 options; work, apprenticeship or university.

I personally would advise, quitting education and starting working - unless you intend to be a scholar (that's a different story then). From my point of view in life, unless you truly love and adore the field you want to study in then there's no value in going to university for that piece of paper.
Original post by Anonymous

If on results day the worst case scenario happens and you don’t get into the course you want, go through clearing. Id advise you to have a look at clearing courses that are available and think about which ones you consider applying to. Don’t feel obligated to do something because it pays more. Remember a degree doesn’t equate to a job. If you really want to do STEM though resit your a levels and get a part time job in the mean time. When you go university they give you student finance and you may be eligible for grants so even if you don’t do you desired course you will still get money, I would say to save it up but if you really need to use it obviously do. Don’t stress what’s done is done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending