The Student Room Group

D in english language

Hi, i was wondering if having a D grade in english language would affect me being able to join my schools sixth form. Also, the course choices for sixth form do not really involve english heavily and it was the only subject i failed in. Could this make the school reconsider?
It's more than likely that you'll get accepted into the sixth form and will have to resit English at November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joelwhit2000
Hi, i was wondering if having a D grade in english language would affect me being able to join my schools sixth form. Also, the course choices for sixth form do not really involve english heavily and it was the only subject i failed in. Could this make the school reconsider?

Schools and sixth form colleges now require students who didn't achieve a grade C or above in English and Maths has to resit up until the age of 18.

So it would heavily depend upon the sixth form's own requirements. Surely if you get the grades necessary to study other subjects at A-level, they would be willing to accept you as long as you do not want to study a subject that requires you to have a C or above in English.
Original post by Joelwhit2000

I know it's a bare minimum of a B at my sixth form but generally I think it's a C so you would have to resit if they do end up offering you a place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending