Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm working 12 hours today, Ask Me (almost) Anything Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Most people tend to enjoy bank holidays, today, I am working a 12 hour shift and am surprisingly getting a half hour (albeit unpaid) lunch break (allegedly- I am not allowed to leave the premesis and I am still expected to work through my "lunch break").

the place I am working at has crap wifi (really unstable but varies from 530kbps to 1.3mbps) and my main phone for some bizarre reason doesnt show tsr (there is a glitch where everytime I sign in, it keeps bringing me back to the loggin screen asking me to re-enter my password).

The questions you cannot ask are personal questions about my identity, where I live, how much I earn, what is my opinion on x demographic (unless it can be used for a humour).

also sorry if I wont be able to answer every question due to a) crap internet connection and b) I may be away from keyboard at various points between now and 8pm.
    enjoy

ReputationRep:
    You don't value work-life balance much, do you?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by inhuman)
    You don't value work-life balance much, do you?
    well, I do have a fairly decent balance . atm, Im not in a relationship and only work 2-3 days a week. the hours I work are long though (9-10 hours a shift, with a few 4 hour shifts on the same day as long weekend shifts, no breaks for lunch and in some cases, no toilet breaks). the fact I have 4-5 days off seems pretty decent (on average I work -30 hours a week but thats over 2-3 days)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    well, I do have a fairly decent balance . atm, Im not in a relationship and only work 2-3 days a week. the hours I work are long though (9-10 hours a shift, with a few 4 hour shifts on the same day as long weekend shifts, no breaks for lunch and in some cases, no toilet breaks). the fact I have 4-5 days off seems pretty decent (on average I work -30 hours a week but thats over 2-3 days)
    Ok, my bad, I didn't read the today, I thought you meant in general but also today...

ReputationRep:
    So what do you actually do that has this odd working pattern?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not allowed to leavs the premises? Seems a bit crap.

What kind of work do you do?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Spoiler:
    Show
    drug dealer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    locum pharmacist

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Not allowed to leavs the premises? Seems a bit crap.

What kind of work do you do?
    So what do you actually do that has this odd working pattern?

ReputationRep:
    locum is you help out whenever wherever needed?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Breakfast: what did you have? :holmes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Breakfast: what did you have? :holmes:
    roast banana and biscoff paste (crunchy) at half 5 this morning. I just wolfed down a pack of schezuan coated nuts now as I was peckish. hopefully that lasts me till half 1 when I have my "official" lunch break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    and I am still expected to work through my "lunch break").
    Are you? If so that would be illegal.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Reue)
    Are you? If so that would be illegal.
    tbh, its amazing how many pharmacies get away with it. I have personally considered whistleblowing, only problem is that I can be blacklisted from the GPhC and if that happens, then I cant get a clean DBS when applying for other jobs.

to top it off, the GPhC has the policy that they dont deal with contractual stuff, only ftp (fitness to practice) and registering pharmacists, technicians and pharmacies (pharmacy = building; pharmacist =person)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    locum is you help out whenever wherever needed?
    kinda, locums are pharmacists who cover others but you can get regular locum work at venues (for example, most pharmacies are open for >50-60 hours a week - I myself work in a few 100 hour pharmacies, so they need someone to cover the regular pharmacist(s) for 10-20 hours a week. I am mainly locumming for 3 major companies who arent boots and lloyds (lloyds pay me ~£8-10/hour less than other places but force more work upon me; boots hr are jerks)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.