The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hengest
So groups as a whole are to be exempt from criticism are they? Does that include racists and Nazis? Will you allow us the courtesy to speak our minds?

Allowing? No one is saying no you can't, socially though, there's a barrier, and people cross it all to often, you aren't going to get thrown in jail for it, because it's your right to freedom of speech. I honestly don't know wtf you're argueing for... I don't think you even know what the hell your arguement is.
Reply 141
Thud
i thought the bnp weren't anti-semitic? :wink:

They're not, but I'm not BNP for they have become subverted by the Yahweh tribe. Nick Griffin is a traitor.
Anti-Semitism is a reaction to Jewish behaviour.
Gentiles: if you are not anti-Semitic then you have not been paying attention.
Reply 142
loadmalz
Allowing? No one is saying no you can't, socially though, there's a barrier, and people cross it all to often, you aren't going to get thrown in jail for it, because it's your right to freedom of speech. I honestly don't know wtf you're argueing for... I don't think you even know what the hell your arguement is.

But people DO get thrown in jail for speaking out, HERE in the land of freedom and justice. That tf and hell is my argument!
Hengest
They're not, but I'm not BNP for they have become subverted by the Yahweh tribe. Nick Griffin is a traitor.
Anti-Semitism is a reaction to Jewish behaviour.
Gentiles: if you are not anti-Semitic then you have not been paying attention.
Hokay. Please explain, in no more than 250 words, what is wrong with Jewish behaviour.
Reply 144
I agree with freedom of speech to the extent that it is not detrimental to society. Now this is a very dangerous statement as there is no real distinction as to what is detrimental and this allows for governments to set its own boundaries, which inevitably can lead to oppression. But then this is why we have the ECHR and the HRA 1998. These documents successfully protect our rights to free speech, however a country could easily withdraw from being party to the ECHR.
Reply 145
guys saying 'bomb london' are not exactly going to cause someone to bomb london, there would be other factors that cause this, so whilst the statement may be hurtful, inconsiderate and downright unacceptable, I dont believe it warrants a restriction of freedom of speech and a subsequent jail sentence that is absurdly long. However volatile times often cause such acts to occur.
Reply 146
Hengest
But people DO get thrown in jail for speaking out, HERE in the land of freedom and justice. That tf and hell is my argument!

No they don't. Only if it results in death or rallying a group of mercenaries or whatever.
You have no arguement, other than your pissing and moaning.
Reply 147
loadmalz
No they don't. Only if it results in death or rallying a group of mercenaries or whatever.
You have no arguement, other than your pissing and moaning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6904622.stm
Reply 148
6+6=12
I agree with freedom of speech to the extent that it is not detrimental to society. Now this is a very dangerous statement as there is no real distinction as to what is detrimental and this allows for governments to set its own boundaries, which inevitably can lead to oppression. But then this is why we have the ECHR and the HRA 1998. These documents successfully protect our rights to free speech, however a country could easily withdraw from being party to the ECHR.

Not to mention repeal the HRA.

Freedom of speech is only a valuable concept when its exercise is detrimental to society, otherwise there would be no need for a right to exist. In fact, what you advocate is not a right at all - it's a privilege granted only when it suits other people.

Equally I don't think the ECHR and HRA does a fantastic job of protecting any rights.
Libertin du Nord
Equally I don't think the [...] HRA does a fantastic job of protecting any rights.
Maybe not, but surely it's better than nothing; consider what the effects would be if it were repealed. How would we stop indefinite detention for OMGZ TERROR SUSPECTS then?

Latest

Trending

Trending