The Student Room Group

Education

Do you feel like education for young students is heading towards the right direction?
Original post by Court.101
Do you feel like education for young students is heading towards the right direction?

Personally, no. I think that local authorities and the Department for Education have heavily politicised our education system and are constantly trying to worsen the constitutional crisis. For example, students’ civil rights are under threat; freedom of speech is being punished, which is a matter for our Supreme Court under the Statute of Marlborough and many other laws and court decisions under our common law and acts of Parliament, as well as European and international law; discretion is falling; absence is heavily frowned upon; and lives are being ruined, literally.

I believe that our education system need’s strict review every so often from both Houses of Parliament, independent chairs, magistrates and judges, local authorities, lawyers, and the general public, as well as students themselves. It ensures that all are heard and will hold the powerful to account, which they don’t seem to like. But tough! Because we own the Government and its DfE, and they answer to us.
Original post by Court.101

Am I okay to move this to Educational Debate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending