The Student Room Group

I'm colourblind AMA

Fire away!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im colourblind too xD
Original post by 04MR17
Fire away!

What is your 3rd favourite type of apple? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark will be awarded for a reference to Doritos. [8 marks]
Original post by Spratty
Im colourblind too xD
What type?
How many fingers am I holding up??

Are they green, purple, or mlg?

Are they American? (Clue: nah)
What colour do you see here?

Reply 6
When and how did you find out you were colourblind
it's nice to know that you're non-racist
Reply 8
What words can you see?
Blondes or brunettes?
This is something I've always wondered about colourblind people - how/when did you learn that, for example, when you saw a green object, the colour that you actually saw was called red, rather than green and vice versa?

Ok, I phrased that really badly but I hope you get my drift xD
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
What is your 3rd favourite type of apple? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark will be awarded for a reference to Doritos. [8 marks]
Interesting question Cheese, here goes:
My third favourite type of apple is the pink lady apple. As a boy, I used to come home from primary school and my mother (but usually my dear father) would chop-up a Royal Gala apple for me as a healthy supplement (i.e. no Doritos) to keep my digestive system satisfied until my evening nourishment was prepared. Therefore, this type of apple quickly became my favourite. Meanwhile, two other varieties of apple where present in the R17 household: Granny Smith and Golden Delicious. Golden Delicious were for my dear mother (she would only have about two a week), and I tried one but I didn't really feel the depth of flavour that I was used to with the Royal Gala hence they then became my third favourite apple but are now my fourth (as will be explained later). The Granny Smiths were for my dear Father and on the (rare) occasion that the Royal Gala variety of apple was non-existent in the R17 household, I would be given a chopped Granny Smith instead. Therefore, this variety became my second favourite apple (and has stayed as such). Since those blissful days gone by, my dear father has changed his preference of apple to a pink lady. I have tried them on occasion, and find them to my liking; however, they cannot eclipse the nostalgia of my childhood days which I feel from a Royal Gala or a Granny Smith: hence their third favouritism, putting Golden Delicious in fourth.

Spoiler

Original post by frankielogue
1. How many fingers am I holding up?
2. Are they green, purple, or mlg?
3. Are they American? (Clue: nah)
1. a number between 0 and 8 (inclusive)
2. mlg
3. Nah (I presume this means no)
Original post by SuperHuman98
What colour do you see here?

blue and black (true)

Original post by Zahid~
When and how did you find out you were colourblind
Two years ago at the opticians.I don't have one.
Original post by UWS
What words can you see?
All of them.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Blondes or brunettes?
Brunettes (don't mind blondes though). Typical dupe question...
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
This is something I've always wondered about colourblind people - how/when did you learn that, for example, when you saw a green object, the colour that you actually saw was called red, rather than green and vice versa?Ok, I phrased that really badly but I hope you get my drift xD
Didn't quite realise we were a people but OK. Firstly, you presume it's red and green (correct though). Usually as a child when I'd get into an argument over something where they said something was green and I thought it was cream.
Next!
Bump.
Guys, I'm going to check this thread later tonight, then I can't come online until Friday. Sorry for the inconvenience, terrible time to make a thread I know but someone complained about all of today's threads being cringe so I decided to make a half-decent one.
Original post by 04MR17
Interesting question Cheese, here goes:
My third favourite type of apple is the pink lady apple. As a boy, I used to come home from primary school and my mother (but usually my dear father) would chop-up a Royal Gala apple for me as a healthy supplement (i.e. no Doritos) to keep my digestive system satisfied until my evening nourishment was prepared. Therefore, this type of apple quickly became my favourite. Meanwhile, two other varieties of apple where present in the R17 household: Granny Smith and Golden Delicious. Golden Delicious were for my dear mother (she would only have about two a week), and I tried one but I didn't really feel the depth of flavour that I was used to with the Royal Gala hence they then became my third favourite apple but are now my fourth (as will be explained later). The Granny Smiths were for my dear Father and on the (rare) occasion that the Royal Gala variety of apple was non-existent in the R17 household, I would be given a chopped Granny Smith instead. Therefore, this variety became my second favourite apple (and has stayed as such). Since those blissful days have gone by, my dear father has changed his preference of apple to a pink lady. I have tried them occasionally, and find them to my liking; however, they cannot eclipse the nostalgia of my childhood days which I feel from a Royal Gala or a Granny Smith: hence their third favouritism, putting Golden Delicious in fourth.

Spoiler

Thank you :mmm: I leave only the most interesting ones for AMA's.
Positives: Detail is flawless, Dorito reference is only something one can admire, punctuation is very nice indeed, "depth of flavour" was a quote I particularly admired and your spelling is immaculate :wink:
Negatives: There are very few of these! You have a few grammatical/word order issues which I have corrected in bold, to be extremely picky I wasn't a fan of the repetition of the word "dear" before a parent's name, however I think you should be very proud of your efforts Monsieur.
Mark: 8.8/8 (+ extra mark ofc :wink: )
:congrats:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Thank you :mmm: I leave only the most interesting ones for AMA's.
Positives: Detail is flawless, Dorito reference is only something one can admire, punctuation is very nice indeed, "depth of flavour" was a quote I particularly admired and your spelling is immaculate :wink:
Negatives: There are very few of these! You have a few grammatical/word order issues which I have corrected in bold, to be extremely picky I wasn't a fan of the repetition of the word "dear" before a parent's name, however I think you should be very proud of your efforts Monsieur.
Mark: 8.8/8 (+ extra mark ofc :wink: )
:congrats:
Why thank you cheese.
Original post by 04MR17
Why thank you cheese.

np u earned it :yy:
How did you realise you were colourblind? I've got it too and it started as a teenager; but I thought I was imagining things. (I have sight problems and it's difficult to know sometimes whether something's really wrong or whether I'm imagining it) It was confirmed just before 21 and has finally stopped getting worse. With me, it's certain shades and tints (there's a certain shade of grey that looks blue, blue can sometimes look purple or green) rather than red - green or blue - yellow.
Original post by Tiger Rag
How did you realise you were colourblind? I've got it too and it started as a teenager; but I thought I was imagining things. (I have sight problems and it's difficult to know sometimes whether something's really wrong or whether I'm imagining it) It was confirmed just before 21 and has finally stopped getting worse. With me, it's certain shades and tints (there's a certain shade of grey that looks blue, blue can sometimes look purple or green) rather than red - green or blue - yellow.
I was much earlier than you, my parents guessed from a young age. I only got is officially confirmed mid-way through High School. So you actually never got any help or anything like that in school? Wow. I never had sight problems so it was much easier to spot (colouring in the night's sky in brown for instance...). For me it's not just red and green, but also I can't recognise purple: it's always just blue...

Quick Reply

Latest