The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Question

"Pick a classic study from the book '40 Studies that changed Psychology' by Roger R.Hock. Describe and evaluate your chosen study"
This is a task I have been given by my sixthform, I have access to this book, but i am looking for some help and guidance as to which of the studies would be best to choose, and will have lots to write about. Any feedback or advice as to how to go about describing and evaluating one of the studies would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou :smile:)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by molls7
"Pick a classic study from the book '40 Studies that changed Psychology' by Roger R.Hock. Describe and evaluate your chosen study"
This is a task I have been given by my sixthform, I have access to this book, but i am looking for some help and guidance as to which of the studies would be best to choose, and will have lots to write about. Any feedback or advice as to how to go about describing and evaluating one of the studies would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou :smile:)

You can do any study you like but I would suggest doing studies from the Learning and Conditioning section. In particular Pavlov's dog (Classical conditioning) or if you want to write more then Skinner's rat (Operant Conditioning). It doesn't matter if it's long or short it all depends on quality not quantity. Especially at psychology you can write lots but get low marks because you didn't evaluate enough or repeated information etc. The structure for the essay:

- You DON'T need an introduction for psychology essays at A Level (sociology does!) Just dig straight in!

- When writing the study you can write a short 4-5 lines of what was the aim, procedures, findings and conclusion from the studies. Sometimes you don't really have to include the procedures but it's up to you.

A01 - Describe
A03 - Evaluate

Essays in AS level are worth 12 marks and 6 marks are for A01 and the rest for A03.

Also if you're doing AQA you will be doing the 2 studies I mentioned alongside Bandura's study on SLT (Social Learning Theory). This will be in the Approaches section.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Thank-you so much! This helped lots :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending