Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, so I'm applying for law at Oxford and was wondering if it's a wise idea to mention my UMS for maths. I saw a successful PS doing this for maths at Oxford (I know it's not all about the PS), so I was wondering if it is wise to the same for law. The reason why I'm considering this is that I feel they'd be happy to get someone who is good at maths/further maths, especially since you need some logic for law. So, any thoughts?

Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalTree007)
    Hi, so I'm applying for law at Oxford and was wondering if it's a wise idea to mention my UMS for maths. I saw a successful PS doing this for maths at Oxford (I know it's not all about the PS), so I was wondering if it is wise to the same for law. The reason why I'm considering this is that I feel they'd be happy to get someone who is good at maths/further maths, especially since you need some logic for law. So, any thoughts?

Thanks! x
    If your UMS is really good it should be mentioned in your reference (if you want it mentioned), you shouldn't be talking about your grades in your PS usually

(Original post by Lau14)
    If your UMS is really good it should be mentioned in your reference (if you want it mentioned), you shouldn't be talking about your grades in your PS usually
    Ah I see, I guess I'll have to ask my teachers what they put in! Thanks a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.