The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harambe1999
For velocity graph I got something which looks akin to exponential decay, and for acceleration it's the same graph but negative and "steeper" (more extreme gradient) as its proportional to v^3. I believe, at least. Maybe someone else can back me up on this one?

but they asked for acceleration as a function of time and a= dv/dt so i differentiated the equation given in Q2 b,ii. But my equations for v(t) -- from Q2,b,ii-- and for a(t) are both equations I just couldn't draw a graph for so not sure what they're looking for
Original post by anonymousguy24
I think it's because velocity is not constant, so for the second one, you cannot just write distance over time.

yeah you're absolutely right - I figured this out today after some trial and error, so the answer is indeed 44444.44.....

Good luck tomorrow man
Original post by LucianAstaroth
Isn't it okay as long as we dont talk about the subjects covered in the exam?

No question-specific discussion is allowed until Sep 1. 2017.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm conflicted. The guidance is "it was hard" is fine. But "Question 2 was hard" is not. The discussion in this thread (and elsewhere) is, to my eye, between those 2 scenarios.

Personally I'd prefer no discussion at all.

I'll remove all posts from today and lock the thread in the next 30 mins unless someone persuades me otherwise.

Edit: now locked.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending