Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who else thinks the 'free the nipple' movement is STUPID!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Apparently some people think that it's unfair that men can go topless and expose their nipples in public but women can't.

In my honest opinion I agree with the status quo, some people may say its a double standard but some double standards are necessary. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catholicgirl)
    Apparently some people think that it's unfair that men can go topless and expose their nipples in public but women can't.

In my honest opinion I agree with the status quo, some people may say its a double standard but some double standards are necessary. What do you think?
    Why is this double standard in particular 'necessary?'

ReputationRep:
    As a girl I wouldn't think it's appropriate to show other people (guys or girls) my nipples for no apparent reason but that's mostly because I'm kinda shy x
    Also, I wouldn't wanna see other girls' nipples because I think it's kinda gross x :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    TBH I wouldn't mind if girls walked around topless

ReputationRep:
    Mens nipples are made up of the same tissue as womens, I think it's great. If you wanna show em off, show em! If you wanna keep them covered that's cool too! Let people be as they wanna be, different things liberate different people. Personally, I love getting topless on beach when its hot hot hot. I see guys with bigger boobs than mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catrinana)
    Why is this double standard in particular 'necessary?'
    It is necessary because it is one of the characteristics that differentiate men and women.

ReputationRep:
    I think I speak for all men when I say no it isn't
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Nah. Double standards are s****y.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it should make any difference who has their nipples out and when. Unless they're afraid of the recently pregnant attacking them with milk cannons.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't think they should be legally obligated to hide their nipples in public. But I don't really care that much.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that women are far more sexualised than men, and breasts are one of the most sexualised parts of a women so ofc it ludacrious for people to say "men show their nipples, why can't women"

ReputationRep:
    I think their campaign should be supported. The only difference I think in that saying it should be acceptable for a woman to be topless where a man can be, i would probably want men to cover up more often.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.