The Student Room Group

URGENT Help ? How can I improve my AS results in A2?

For my AS Results I recieved DDD. The subjects I did were Maths, Bio and Chem.
My sciences are linear so the grade I got this year doesn't count. Considering I did day before revision and I know I could achieve higher considering my GCSES(got 2A* and 6as). So I'm wondering if anyone else was in a situation like me previously or currently? and how I can get higher in Maths. Should I retake AS units for maths? . Finally since my AS grades where the bare minimum I have no idea what i can apply for and no idea currently about my predicted grades(bound to be average). Say I get higher than my predicted grades on results day next year and I dont want to go to the UNI and course I applied through UCAS what would i DO?
Reply 1
You can't revise the day before for A levels - Start revising months before. And yeah, probably a good idea to resit the maths :smile: I would even consider resitting yr12 if you want to go to university, as it will be very difficult to get the predicted grades for an offer. All up to you though :smile:
Original post by umzinho
For my AS Results I recieved DDD. The subjects I did were Maths, Bio and Chem.
My sciences are linear so the grade I got this year doesn't count. Considering I did day before revision and I know I could achieve higher considering my GCSES(got 2A* and 6as). So I'm wondering if anyone else was in a situation like me previously or currently? and how I can get higher in Maths. Should I retake AS units for maths? . Finally since my AS grades where the bare minimum I have no idea what i can apply for and no idea currently about my predicted grades(bound to be average). Say I get higher than my predicted grades on results day next year and I dont want to go to the UNI and course I applied through UCAS what would i DO?

Well first I think yeah you should retake maths and for the other subjects either convince your teachers to predict you some mad predicted grades,apply to universities with lower requirements or apply next year and take a gap year.

Also Good GCSEs don't mean good a levels. You have to figure out where you went wrong and how you could improve this. Mayb you weren't revising enough or possibly not in the right way. Mayb didn't enough past papers (or any).

Hope this advice helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest