The Student Room Group

Do you think 6th Form will let me change from level 3 to a level 2 programme??

Or is it too late? And who do you usually speak to about this? Is it form tutor
why would u wanna change? Do you have your GCSE's? Cause if you do then there is no reason to change since level 2 is equivalent to GCSE's.
Reply 2
Original post by bluemadhatter
why would u wanna change? Do you have your GCSE's? Cause if you do then there is no reason to change since level 2 is equivalent to GCSE's.

I have 3 GCSEs and would rather retake them this year and spend an extra year at college rather than worry about them in future. Any advice?
Original post by Kryptonian
I have 3 GCSEs and would rather retake them this year and spend an extra year at college rather than worry about them in future. Any advice?

I agree, GCSE's are important and if you don't have the right grades or right subjects (5 GCSE's from A-C including Maths and English Lang) then you might as well spend an extra year doing them. Because not having them in the future is a pain in the ass. Ask your sixth form if they can change your course and if they cant then enroll in a college (most of them do them) to do your GCSE's.
Reply 4
Original post by Kryptonian
Or is it too late? And who do you usually speak to about this? Is it form tutor

It depends if they have spaces on the new course or if it's full. You will be able to change if maximum class sizes allow
Reply 5
GCSEs don't really matter in the long run as long as you have at least a C in English and maths. If you don't, you'll just have to retake those during your level 3. I really wouldn't change to level 2 as there's pretty much no point in it. If you are getting higher level qualification, which you are, GCSEs won't matter after you're done with it.

Quick Reply

Latest