The Student Room Group

Help!! Failed my 2nd osce exam

I failed my second osce exam and cannot believe it.

The first attempt I was so nervous and new that I had failed as I was stuttering, anxious and my mind went completely black.

I got myself together and practised all the time for my resit, however failed again.
I just don't get it, the first time I hardly did anything and I got a higher mark than the second attempt where I said everything and felt a lot more confident.

I feel completely deflated and depressed now about this.

Has anyone else been able to have 3rd attempt? Or is that it now and I will have to re take the year?

(Student Midwife)
Original post by angel1990
I failed my second osce exam and cannot believe it.

The first attempt I was so nervous and new that I had failed as I was stuttering, anxious and my mind went completely black.

I got myself together and practised all the time for my resit, however failed again.
I just don't get it, the first time I hardly did anything and I got a higher mark than the second attempt where I said everything and felt a lot more confident.

I feel completely deflated and depressed now about this.

Has anyone else been able to have 3rd attempt? Or is that it now and I will have to re take the year?

(Student Midwife)

Have you asked the assessors for any direct feedback? It is strange that you got a higher mark for the first attempt. It may not be that you aren't working hard enough, but that you aren't working in a way that suits your learning style. Most students have never done a practical exam like an OSCE before they start nursing/midwifery and therefore haven't always established the best way to revise for it. I found it best to create flowcharts of the processes I should be taking and then talk myself through those aloud over and over, but you may find another method beneficial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending