The Student Room Group

What is my best course of action, University & A Level problems

I have recieved CCU in Biology, Maths & Chemistry repectively.
School is telling me to drop Chemistry & take some other AS subject, as it accounts for 40% A Level. It with EPQ, that accounts for 50% of an A Level/AS (i don't remember). That would be 90% of an A Level....
However, rumour has it our school is telling a lot of people to drop their subject that is about/lower than a C (which is real), so that their reports would say their school student average did well (not sure if real). And people said that unis don't look at ASs much, only predicted grades, & AS & A2 might combine to give an overall grade. I'm just scared unis won't accept me cuz of having not enough points/grades or only having 2 A2 & 1 AS subject.
What is the best course of action? Drop Chemistry altogether & go for another AS subject? Please help! I'm told I need to decide as soon as possible, probably by Monday (12/9/2016). Thx
Reply 1
Old spec & veterinary nursing or animation...though i might be overestimating my abilities...
Gap year or another Year 13 year isn't possible cuz Father thinks, if i'm worthy, i can get into a worthy university, i don't need to take Foundation year, i don't need gap year or another 'unnecessary yr'. I study overseas from Hong Kong in UK & he pays for most of my school bill, with 30-40% with Mom. If I don't get in a top 20-30 university, I will hav to go back, which i don't want to cuz of the difficulty & competition in HK... ive been so scared since results day, finally breaking down this week, crying every day...feeling like its the end of the world...
Reply 2
Sorry new spec

Quick Reply

Latest