The Student Room Group

Personal statement helpGraduate Medicine - but uni's don't look at them?!

Hi all
Trying to do my personal statement but I'm a bit confused. What exactly am I meant to put in it when all the uni's I'm applying for don't take it into account and Warwick doesn't even look at it?!
I'm applying for Warwick, Newcastle, Kings and Barts (no hope for the London ones but I'm trying anyway!) and for each one they all say they don't take the personal statement into account. Just Newcastle says they use it for interviews. But I'm more confused with the work experience side of it. Do I talk about it in my personal statement or will they send me a separate form (like Warwick) for me to fill in to explain what I did, learnt from it etc? I'll obviously mention it in my statement but if I'm going to write it on a separate form I don't need to go into quite as much detail so I can use the space for other things!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes you talk about work experience on the PS.

They may send you another form to fill out with work experience details but it's still something you would/should include.

I understand the places you're applying to don't look at the personal statement but it's still something that you would need to complete.

Look at the following for ideas on format and content that is usually included. Make it personal. Talk about you.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15895-medicine-personal-statements
I think you should talk about your job and volunteer experience even if they won't look at your personal statement. What if they will look at it? Better safe than sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending