The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP he obviously didnt want to be sick, he couldnt help it. Personally i would have been a bit shocked but only for a little while.
Prince Rhyus
Part of his reaction might be down to male social conditioning. After all, it's a subject area that men very rarely get to talk about so for many of us it's sort of shrouded in mystery.

It was less than 20 years ago that firms were not allowed to advertise "feminine hygiene products" on television. (Ben Elton said that must have made an interesting day in Parliament when they banned that one but I digress...)

It might be an idea to sit down and talk through the whole menstruation issue with him - not just the physical stuff but the emotional too. If he can understand that this is something that is perfectly normal that about half the population of the world go through at some stage of their lives it might "demystify" the whole thing.

I dont think understanding menstruation would help the OPs bf out to be honest. I mean i have to say when i have my period i find it gross- and it comes from my body! But to actually be down there when blood starts coming out *shudders* Blood is definitely not the same as cum. Maybe it was just the idea of having the blood in his mouth, i can't blame him for overreacting, its not something you expect to happen is it :p: Id talk to him about it otherwise it could become a big issue, well it probably will, you may have scarred him for life, but i wouldnt worry about it... just make sure in future you know when you're gonna have your period so it wont happen again.
Reply 22
Don't be embarassed. I can imagine myself laughing at him if I was in that situation lol.
Reply 23
Yeah i suppose it just shocked him a bit...we've done oral plenty of times before..whether or not it's put him off i dont know..we'll just have to see I suppose.

We did laugh about it afterwards..he's really not the type of guy that purposely try to offend me, but I felt so bad! He did know my period was due soonish..so he can't realy blame me for not telling him or anything..but gah..oh well! thanks for the advice everyone :smile:
Reply 24
To those of you who said it could have been "the smell", I'd just like to point out that fresh blood doesn't smell. Well, it smells like blood, but it doesn't smell particularly bad. In this instance, it almost certainly wasn't the smell.

Oh, and thanks to whoever repped me. :smile:
Thelfo
To those of you who said it could have been "the smell", I'd just like to point out that fresh blood doesn't smell. Well, it smells like blood, but it doesn't smell particularly bad. In this instance, it almost certainly wasn't the smell.

well whatever but having blood clots in your mouth aint exactly a turn on is it??
Reply 26
Thelfo

Are you sure? Have been in a vaguely similar situation before and there is a definate iron-ey smell.

(NB Iron the metal, not the clothing implement)
Reply 27
unfinished sympathy
well whatever but having blood clots in your mouth aint exactly a turn on is it??

Ok, i think i speak for all guys who have just read this when i say:

:puke:
Yuck, just reading this thread makes me feel queezy :s: I don't think we can blame him, like someone said, blood and cum are different things. I certainly wouldnt want my mouth near blood. I hope you two can move on.
Reply 29
Are you sure? Have been in a vaguely similar situation before and there is a definate iron-ey smell.

(NB Iron the metal, not the clothing implement)

Well that's just what blood smells like. Semen doesn't exactly smell like roses, does it? :p: I was referring to the stereotypical 'fishy' smell that people assume girls on their periods must have. That being said, I can honestly say I've never ventured down there to find out for myself, so I could be wrong.
Ok, i think i speak for all guys who have just read this when i say:

:puke:

:biggrin: just saying it how it is :wink:
Reply 31
Thelfo
Well that's just what blood smells like. Semen doesn't exactly smell like roses, does it? :p: I was referring to the stereotypical 'fishy' smell that people assume girls on their periods must have. That being said, I can honestly say I've never ventured down there to find out for myself, so I could be wrong.

I've never smelt semen to be honest... The blood smell/taste is still quite bad though, and can be a bit overpowering (more from a mental point, when you work out what's causing the taste).
Thelfo

the fishy smell is lack of hygiene not bodily fluids me thinks :p:
Reply 33
unfinished sympathy
the fishy smell is lack of hygiene not bodily fluids me thinks :p:

Yup, which is why the OP's boyfriend wouldn't have been put off by the smell of the blood, seeing as it only appeared when he was already getting down to business, if you will. :p:
I think perhaps the smell of menstrual blood is supposed to be somewhat repulsive to men if only to discourage sexual activity during menstruation. I doubt, therefore, that he was trying to offend you and you'll all just have to chalk it down to one of those things that just happens.
Reply 35
It's perfectly reasonable for a guy to want to stay away from menstrual-related business, but come on, an accidental spot of blood incident is hardly something to be sick about...
Zoecb
It's perfectly reasonable for a guy to want to stay away from menstrual-related business, but come on, an accidental spot of blood incident is hardly something to be sick about...

he might have swallowed a lot though :p: its just not a pleasant thought is it, i mean when yo uthink about it its not the nicest substance to have in your gob is it
Reply 37
I highly doubt it if the OP said she just started - surely he'd stop as soon as he tasted it, which would be immediate and require nothing more than a lick (sorry to get graphic) - I think the word swallow is entirely out of place. And it's a perfectly natural 'substance', it's not some kind of demonic poison ffs. If you want to stay away from it as much as possible then fair enough, it wasn't designed to be involved in such things but it's really not the end of the world if a guy comes into contact with it.
Prince Rhyus
Part of his reaction might be down to male social conditioning. After all, it's a subject area that men very rarely get to talk about so for many of us it's sort of shrouded in mystery.

It was less than 20 years ago that firms were not allowed to advertise "feminine hygiene products" on television. (Ben Elton said that must have made an interesting day in Parliament when they banned that one but I digress...)

It might be an idea to sit down and talk through the whole menstruation issue with him - not just the physical stuff but the emotional too. If he can understand that this is something that is perfectly normal that about half the population of the world go through at some stage of their lives it might "demystify" the whole thing.

seriously, if a girl even did tht to me i would be outter then, what is he 12 course he nows about it lmao

anyway i digress.. if he was act sick then maybe he is act squimmish with blood and he couldn't help it, its not like you can help being sick once you feel like it... if your gunna talk to him about it, jsut do it normal dont explain it to him i think he mite just switch off
Reply 39
I think just generally people don't like being menstruated in the face.

Latest

Trending

Trending