The Student Room Group

Social Work Masters 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi guys,

I got offered a place a London south bank, was wondering if anyone else was going there 😬
Reply 41
Hello!
I have got an interview at South bank, please any tips on assessment and interview. I am kind of nervous.
Reply 42
Original post by Fallak
Hi guys,

I got offered a place a London south bank, was wondering if anyone else was going there 😬

Hello!
I have got an interview at South bank, please any tips on assessment and interview. I am kind of nervous.
Original post by Jaybee59
Hello!

Hey I've got a place at LSBU for social work. The best tips I can give is stay calm the day will be so much easier than you think. just be yourself. Try and have conversations with the other candidates. Be honest with your reasons wanting to become a social worker and brin any personal reasons too that helps. The assessment was pretty basic however I don't think they will ask you the same question. Anymore questions feel free to ask ?
Original post by Fallak
Hi guys,

Hey I've been offered a place at lsbu. How did you find the interview process and how will you be funding the course ?
I've been offered a place at University of Birmingham! So pleased! I really did not expect to be accepted but I'm very excited to start. However, I'm now just worrying about the bursary, does anyone know anything more than what is available on the websites?
Original post by gemmaAkaMe
I've been offered a place at University of Birmingham! So pleased! I really did not expect to be accepted but I'm very excited to start. However, I'm now just worrying about the bursary, does anyone know anything more than what is available on the websites?

Hey! I've also been accepted at UoB!!!!! Just completed my dbs forms etc! I think we find out about bursaries around May period
Reply 47
Hi I'm a mature student and I've been accepted at LJMU starting in September, is anyone else going to JMU?
Original post by Inspiringyou
Hey! I've also been accepted at UoB!!!!! Just completed my dbs forms etc! I think we find out about bursaries around May period

How exciting!!! Me also, I'm sending my documents tomorrow! Hope all goes well for you!
How exciting!!! Me also, I'm sending my documents tomorrow! Hope all goes well for you!

Ooooh good luck to you also also! Are you doing the MA or BA?
Hi all
I've applied to join MA in SW at UCLAN, Bradford, Huddersfield and Salford.
Interview at UCLAN tomorrow!!
any tips?
I've got a BA Ed. have worked in schools, children's homes and Secure unit with vulnerable adults so hoping this may help experience wise. Also was homeless as a teen and have a child with ASD!
Congrats to those with offers, so far.
Also got an interview April at Bradford, Not heard from HudderSfied or Salford yet, has anyone had contact from them as yet?
Thanks in Advance
Reply 51
Hello everyone any interview tips for MA social work at Greenwich??? They will be linking the questions to the requirements of the Professional capabilities framework (PCF).
Reply 52
Original post by MandyA
Hey, Is anyone here thinking of going to Greenwich in September? I received a unconditional offer from them for MA Social Work :biggrin:

Hi Mandy congratulations on receiving an offer from Greenwich for MA social work. I have my interview coming up and will appreciate any advice.

Many thanks
Ooooh good luck to you also also! Are you doing the MA or BA?

Ah I'm doing the MA! How about yourself?
Ah I'm doing the MA! How about yourself?

Oh perfect! Same. I'm guessing we'll be in the same classes then 😁😁
Oh perfect! Same. I'm guessing we'll be in the same classes then 😁😁

Ha ha, amazing! You never know! Unsure how many places there are to be honest but hopefully not that many so chances are we will be!
Original post by lollypoplou
Hi all
I've applied to join MA in SW at UCLAN, Bradford, Huddersfield and Salford.
Interview at UCLAN tomorrow!!
any tips?
I've got a BA Ed. have worked in schools, children's homes and Secure unit with vulnerable adults so hoping this may help experience wise. Also was homeless as a teen and have a child with ASD!
Congrats to those with offers, so far.
Also got an interview April at Bradford, Not heard from HudderSfied or Salford yet, has anyone had contact from them as yet?
Thanks in Advance

Well done for getting an interview! As I'm sure you're aware, life experience is really valued for this course so it might be worth considering some appropriate examples. We'd also recommend researching the university and the course you're applying for.

:goodluck:

Emma
I have applied for the MA at Salford, and found out I have been selected for interview. The date hasn't been confirmed, but expected to be in April. I have never had a university interview so am quite nervous! I currently work in a Support Worker role so am gaining relevant experience but worried I won't be up to scratch on the day.
Reply 58
I've applied for Edinburgh and Stirling. I got through to stage 2 for stirling and I've not heard back yet, no word yet from Edinburgh. Anyone else applied or heard? thanks 😊
Reply 59
Original post by Cat 1806
I've applied for Edinburgh and Stirling. I got through to stage 2 for stirling and I've not heard back yet, no word yet from Edinburgh. Anyone else applied or heard? thanks 😊

I also got through to second stage for stirling and haven't heard back! Still no reply from Edinburgh either!

Quick Reply

Latest