The Student Room Group
Reply 1
very. i was hit in an asda. theyre like the valley of death for cars
you should go around christmas :rolleyes:
Reply 2
I attempted to park in the space right nearest to the trolley park. I hit the side of the thing. My drivers side mirror took a beating!
depends

our 'out of town; tesco is decent but the ones in town are very close and generally packed.
Reply 4
Lu_ke
I attempted to park in the space right nearest to the trolley park. I hit the side of the thing. My drivers side mirror took a beating!

dont park there anyway! you had may as well paint a target on your car :rolleyes:
I work on a morrisons car park collecting the trolleys and all that shizznit.

There awefull.

Old people are the worse i have found, the go really slowly, dont notice your there untill the very last moment and nearly hit you.

Than you get the idiots who take a 90 degree bend wayyyyyyyyyy too quickly and end up on the other side of the road nearly crashing.

People reversing out, i swear a lot of people dont have reverse lights working, and some of them just dont look where they have been reversing, someone reversed right into me a few months back.

Speeking from a trolley boys view... People come driving at you, expecting you to move, i dont know if people understand how hard it is to stop and move them things quickly.

People park in stupid places, on double yellow lines, or in the disabled spots, and theres actully nothing we can do, not having the power to clamp or fine, we have to put a leaflet thing on the car saying not to park there.

People dont understand the concept of a zebra crossing, nearly been hit several times people racing around corners only to see me half way across one.

You might of gathered, i dont like supermarket car parks much.
Reply 6
Theyre all ******s...you see trolleys hit cars..terrible

The worst of all though, not the trolleys, not the blind old people, but the people that bang their ****ing doors into yours and think its normal. This is the reason why i park over two spots.
Reply 7
The parent and child bays are quite wide...

I had one angry mother storm up to me the other day when i parked outside sainsburrys. I allowed her to rant for a while... at which point my niece stepped out of the passenger side and asked "when are we going in uncle jon?"

Although, to be honest, I tend to use P+C bays all the time. When questioned the standard responce is "this (gesturing at the BV8) is my baby" The standard spaces are too small so they can pack more cars in = more profit. I feel my paint is more important than those that choose to procreate.

Disabled spaces are, however, another matter.... dont park in those. I have disabled relitives. One of which cant walk at all. Its incredibly inconvenient pushing a wheelchair from accross the other side of a carpark.
Reply 8
Im not a trolley boy but part of my weekend job at m&s is collecting the trolleys from the front of the retail car park and bring them into the store. They are so hard to control and especially when you try to push them up the ramp into the store.

Drivers just expect you to get out their way, and the number of people who just walk in my way when im pushing trolleys which i cant control is out of hand.
Reply 9
JC.
The parent and child bays are quite wide...

I had one angry mother storm up to me the other day when i parked outside sainsburrys. I allowed her to rant for a while... at which point my niece stepped out of the passenger side and asked "when are we going in uncle jon?"

Although, to be honest, I tend to use P+C bays all the time. When questioned the standard responce is "this (gesturing at the BV8) is my baby" The standard spaces are too small so they can pack more cars in = more profit. I feel my paint is more important than those that choose to procreate.

Disabled spaces are, however, another matter.... dont park in those. I have disabled relitives. One of which cant walk at all. Its incredibly inconvenient pushing a wheelchair from accross the other side of a carpark.

LOL Silly Women! - She should mind her own dam business. What was her reaction when your neice got out the car then?

I've never thought about parking in one of them spaces - might do so when i've got my 9yo brother with me lol.
Reply 10
Well people dont expect kids to step out of a hotrod. Lets face it my car isnt exactly child-friendly looking!

TBH those parent and child bays are nice and big and my car is fairly small. I can open the doors completely without hitting anything. Why should people that procreate get to park closer to the shop?
In many ways im doing them a favor. The country is full of fat kids. Let the buggers walk. :smile:
Reply 11
hmm... having looked through the above again... it does read "considerably better than yaw" :s-smilie: oops... sorry. :oops:
Theyre all ******s...you see trolleys hit cars..terrible

The worst of all though, not the trolleys, not the blind old people, but the people that bang their ****ing doors into yours and think its normal. This is the reason why i park over two spots.
Depends what you mean as trolleys....

Ive been on my car park for a year, not hit any cars with my trolleys, cars have hit me in my person though.

And the 4 other guys my age havnt hit cars either and they have been working there for about 2 years.

Im not a trolley boy but part of my weekend job at m&s is collecting the trolleys from the front of the retail car park and bring them into the store. They are so hard to control and especially when you try to push them up the ramp into the store.

Drivers just expect you to get out their way, and the number of people who just walk in my way when im pushing trolleys which i cant control is out of hand.
Its completely true, people just walk at you expecting you to move.

Im pushing a row of trolleys, the equierlent length of a small car, and they walk at you expecting you to move, when its vertually impossable, especially on hills.

Our car park is fairly big too, so half of it is up hill, and the other half is down hill, which is a pain in the arse.

Latest

Trending

Trending