Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just did my ukcat and I'm devastated 😩
    VR- 590
    QR-520
    AR- 560
    SJ - Band 1
    GCSE - 4A* 5A 1B. predicted grades AAA
    6 weeks hospital placement, first aid certificate, volunteer at summer camp for 5 years, work experience at care homes, lots of fundraising for charity, volunteer at local homework club for 2 years,involved in sports
    Obviously that's a pretty low ukcat so I've already decided on less ukcat weighted universities like Bristol, Cardiff and Birmingham but need help with a fourth choice. What would my chances of getting into St. Andrews, Aberdeen or Edinburgh be like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlychaila)
    VR- 590
    QR-520
    AR- 560
    SJ - Band 1
    6 weeks hospital placement, head girl at my school, first aid certificate, volunteer at summer camp for 5 years, work experience at care homes, lots of fundraising for charity, volunteer at local homework club for 2 years,involved in sports
    Obviously that's a pretty low ukcat so I've already decided on less ukcat weighted universities like Bristol, Cardiff and Birmingham but need help with a fourth choice. What would my chances of getting into St. Andrews, Aberdeen or Edinburgh be like
    try uea or keele

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

(Original post by rehmanator)
    try uea or keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlychaila)
    VR- 590
    QR-520
    AR- 560
    SJ - Band 1
    6 weeks hospital placement, first aid certificate, volunteer at summer camp for 5 years, work experience at care homes, lots of fundraising for charity, volunteer at local homework club for 2 years,involved in sports
    If I was in your position I would DEFOS stay clear of St. Andrews they use cut offs.
    Edinburgh and Aberdeen seem good but I would probably go for Aberdeen as you'll have a chance to prove yourself via interview. However, if you think your PS is strong enough go for Edinburgh. I'm afraid this entire process is a huge risk but just stay positive, I know someone who got a low score last year and got into Aberdeen. If things don't go the way you want just remember gap year is still on the cards. All the best lovely, x. I have an average of 617 which is fairly low as well. I'm applying for Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and Glasgow, I'd say my best chances are at Aberdeen/Dundee but even then, I don't know for sure. Hope you do well. Just make sure it doesn't affect your grades at school.if you get high grades you've got a very decent chance of getting in next time. There's always the possibility of postgrad but I'd recommend taking a gap year brush up your UKCAT technique, gain more experience and you'll be pretty good. You've got this! Don't let TSR user scores throw you off. They're not representative of the full pool of exam takers. Maybe, speak to a career advisor? Although I'd be careful as sometimes they can be incredibly harsh. Just make sure you have a thick skin and keep working towards your dream.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.