The Student Room Group

Open University degree to Medicine?

I was just genuinely curious if there is any route the Open University could lead you in to Medicine.

I remember reading a forum here and someone had said that studying and graduating in Biology with the OU could actually gain you a place in Med School, how true is this though?

I think the OU is wonderful, however can they really gain you a place in Medicine?

I know a lot of people tend to have an issue as deeming the OU as legitimate as it's not a 'brick-uni'.

Just out of curiosity :tongue:
First off, check entry requirements. Second if you're applying for grad entry medicine it doesn't matter where your degree is from as long as it's relevant and accepted. I don't see why a degree from the OU would be any different.
As above - email the Unis you are interested in, but the equivalent of a First or 2i in an accepted subject is usually okay, and it certainly wont matter that its with the OU.

Btw, most Med Schools will accept Medicine Access courses (this wouldn't take you as long as an OU degree...) for a 5 year course - Bristol does for instance. Worth thinking about.

Latest

Trending

Trending