The Student Room Group

Sound engineering

Hey,
I'm basically in a dilemma on what course to choose at uni... Im very passionate about music production and want to study this further... Im looking to take a gap year and do a diploma instead of going uni straight away... Does anyone know any institutes or academy's?? which does sound engineering hnc/hnd's which are only one year in length... Prefferably near coventry as I live near this area...
Would be great to here from some people...
Original post by Akash1519
Hey,
I'm basically in a dilemma on what course to choose at uni... Im very passionate about music production and want to study this further... Im looking to take a gap year and do a diploma instead of going uni straight away... Does anyone know any institutes or academy's?? which does sound engineering hnc/hnd's which are only one year in length... Prefferably near coventry as I live near this area...
Would be great to here from some people...

Hello! Welcome to The Student Room :smile:

I'm not sure if you think Leeds will be too far away for you, but we're offering a Foundation Degree at Leeds College of Music for production students. It's a two-year course that will give you practical training in sound engineering and production, and if you want to pursue it further, you can sign up for a third (Top-Up) year and get a Bachelor's degree!

All the details for the Foundation Degree in Music Production can be found on our website, and details for the Undergraduate Degree in Music Production can also be accessed there.

If you'd like to ask more questions, feel free to do so! We've got an Experience day (open day) coming up in November if you'd like to check it out.

Thanks,
Liam

[video="youtube;3HEfQUji6zs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEfQUji6zs[/video]
Reply 2
Hello Liam,

Thank you for your reply and I have been through the attachments and website. Can I check with you, if it's possible just to do the first year of the HND and still come out with half the qualification or even an HNC. As I want to do another course the year after. Would be great if you can check for me.

Kind Regards,
Akash
Hi Akash,

I'm fairly sure that the Foundation Degree in Music Production that we offer lasts two years, and that we do not offer a one-year course, but let me check - I'll get back to you by the end of the week

Thanks,
Liam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending