The Student Room Group

Where to apply for engineering with A*AAA prediction

Hi, What are the best universities for engineering (mechanical or electrical) when my predicted grade is A*AAA for maths, further maths, chemistry and physics? I would have liked Bristol/Warwick/UCL but not sure if prediction needs to be higher for these places. GCSE grades are 999988877
Reply 1
Original post by Bambap
Hi, What are the best universities for engineering (mechanical or electrical) when my predicted grade is A*AAA for maths, further maths, chemistry and physics? I would have liked Bristol/Warwick/UCL but not sure if prediction needs to be higher for these places. GCSE grades are 999988877

My top students are looking at places ike Bath with a placement year. Noe of the three you name are popular to be honest ...

High grade requirements do not mean the course is good.
Reply 2
Are you looking for a career in engineering or banking? The universities you have named would suggest the latter? The advice will likely differ depending on your aspirations.
Reply 3
Imperial's electronic with information engineering sounds fab, or electrical and electronic. Engineering and management sounds fun too. I don't like the courses at Loughborough or Oxford Brookes. Bath looks good and their typical offer is AAA.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
My top students are looking at places ike Bath with a placement year. Noe of the three you name are popular to be honest ...

High grade requirements do not mean the course is good.

thanks What are the other places your top students are looking at?
Reply 5
Original post by Bambap
thanks What are the other places your top students are looking at?

It depends on their career interests and hobbies - Loughborough, Brookes [those with EV or 1 focus], Nottingham, ....

London tends to be avoided as it's so expensive.

if you actually want to work as an Engineer then you need a course with more than theory.

https://imeche.org/events/formula-student/previous-events
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest