The Student Room Group

Asians and Arabs

Scroll to see replies

You could ask this question for any nationality, e.g. why don't Chinese people go for Koreans, why don't Somali's go for Ethiopians, etc etc.

There's no reason. Of course a lot of these marriages do occur. But you won't see it en masse, because generally, humans tend to go for their own.
One girl in my class is half Saudi Arabian and half Chinese. Both of her parents met on pilgrimage and it all escalated from there. They seem pretty happy together.
Original post by Zargabaath
Massive generalisations, I know, but all in all it tends to be:

Arabs look down on Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis

Indians look down on Arabs

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis look up to Arabs

maybe the kids, definitely not the parents and especially when it comes to marriage.
If you took religion out of the equation, would there be as much of a culture clash?
Original post by Anonymous
maybe the kids, definitely not the parents and especially when it comes to marriage.

I agree, I think the kids (our generation) see rich sheik's kids on Instagram and other social media and get this glamorised image of Arabs to the point they see them as almost "above" them as humans
Bro - the arabs were known to be racist society - they conquered middle east and part africa and made anyone darker than them to be slaves ( arab slave trade) lots of asians were also conquered by them back in the day; why would they want to marry some muslim now, that was their slave hundred years ago? pakistanis are wannabe arabs thats why they wear burkhas and dishadash, not a good look.
arabs are obsessed with whites and their money, not asians.

Though that is true.....most of my family have married Arabs....yeah I Asian. I am Indian Pakistani...my mum is Indian and my dad is Pakistani (they had a love marriage) but yeah even the people in my family who have married Arabs-it was out of love...and nothing else....the way marriage should be.

Edit:
Though I would prefer if people stuck to their own....it just makes life easier and less of a hassle...
(edited 7 years ago)
But allot of Asians (usually Pakistanis) tell me they have distant arab origins all the way down to the hijaz. I correct them and say "No, you have overwhelmingly south asian/indian origins". They seem to continue lying to themselves, even when Arabs treat asians and pretty much anyone else like crap.

Very true!!
Original post by Angry Bird
arabs are arrogant af

and what have they got to be arrogant about? they arnt as smart as the jews, not as cultured as the persians. they have basically only benefited from sitting on a pool of oil they didnt even know was there till 50 years ago.

i suppose in the muslim world though, asian and african muslims lke pakistanis lookup to them because they hve in part adopted arabic culture, dress language etc. non muslim world doesnt have that hang-up
arabs are arrogant af

Err...no we're not, but you guys seem to be. You guys better check yourself before you hurt yourself.
Err...no we're not, but you guys seem to be. You guys better check yourself before you hurt yourself.

everyone agrees arabs are arrogant
Arab and Pakistani marriages do happen every now and then, particularly involving North Africans.
Arab - Indian Muslim marriages also do happen but are probably a bit less common.
Arab - Hindu marriages on the other hand are almost non existent.
Arabs and South Asians could have short term flings with girls of any race&/religion. But long term relationships are within their own nationalities.
Does anyone know any couples or relationships between Arabs and Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis).
Did it work?

Why aren't there more of these relationships considering a lot of them share the same faith and can sometimes relate to each other culturally too; family values, somewhat strict/conservative cultures etc

I know a handful of interracial marriage, between Pakistanis and Iraqi, Morrocan, Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian and Algerian. It's worked out..I see more Pakistani men marrying Arab women than the other way round. They treat Arabian women like Queens. However I have come across some Arab men who are Pakified and would get along with Asians because some Arab women aren't traditional, as in they aren't used to living with in laws and they are quite harder to please.
everyone agrees arabs are arrogant

Not true.
Original post by Chakede
i think a lot of pakistanis try and marry arabs, but the attraction is often not shared - arabs look down on them. i doubt indians are very interested in arabs. i dont know about bangladeshis

I know plenty of Iraqi girls hanging out with Pakistani gangsters in Birmingham

They're literally some of the easiest girls to get after white females

Pakistani men are alpha males, my gyms are filled with Mirpuri men, and they know most Arab men are feminine males who don't have the swag or muscle that they have, which is slightly less than blacks in athleticism but better in physical strength when it comes to lifting weights.

Even princess diana, Britney Spears and Jemima married Pakistani men and no white females marry Arab guys
Original post by ~scorpio~
I know a handful of interracial marriage, between Pakistanis and Iraqi, Morrocan, Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian and Algerian. It's worked out..I see more Pakistani men marrying Arab women than the other way round. They treat Arabian women like Queens. However I have come across some Arab men who are Pakified and would get along with Asians because some Arab women aren't traditional, as in they aren't used to living with in laws and they are quite harder to please.

I see way more Pakistani guys with Iraqi girls in my area, second most after white girls.
Original post by arabziana94
I'm Arabzian! (Arab/Asian) My parents have been happily married for close to 25 years now.

Mum's a convert to Islam, she's Punjabi so her parent's essentially disowned her to begin with but overtime accepted her and her decisions. (i.e converting to Islam, marrying an arab, etc).
Truth be told the reason why there isn't much integration is because Arabs are so damn racist (yes, I said it) and Asians tend to stick to their own, like right down to the same cast.... its culture I guess. Having said that, I'm seeing change in the world, good change. Integration, acceptance, etc.
I'm still to meet someone with my exact mixed background..... although secretly I like being this unique haha.

A victim of Love Jihad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending