The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does anyone else find that girls tend to be more 'they must have' where guys are more 'they must not be?'

My main criterion are: they must not be fugly and they must not be an ass-hole. It leaves far more open in terms of hotty picking than saying 'they must be this, that and the other'.

Just like people for what they are, mannn.

I laughed at Supernova2's joke too.
Reply 61
I like them shy :biggrin:
Reply 62
They should be able to use their head for a start :smile: That would be nice.
Intelligence is a must
Ability to hold a decent conversation that isn't 'zomg look! bewbs!'
Sarcastic - hot!
Generally a nice person

I like the shy nerdy type.

Looks aren't super important because i tend to find a person attractive anyway if i like their personality :p:
Reply 64
Consie
Does anyone else find that girls tend to be more 'they must have' where guys are more 'they must not be?'

:ditto:
nvm I thought I was on anon.
Reply 66
You're looking at the situation with a complete polarisation of stereotypes. Guys are not split down the middle between 'Nice Guys' and 'Bad Boys', there are a wide range of different attributes which a guy can have which are deemed to be 'Bad Boy' traits (ie arrogance) while still being a perfectly normal guy who doesn't steal, do heroin or kick their girlfriends teeth out. You seem to have simplified everything down to a fight between 'Nice Guys' and 'Bad Boys', whereas life just isn't even remotely like that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 67
First he has to be what i'd think of as nice-looking (eg. good hair, cute), attraction is a must. Then i like cheekiness and playfulness, not too serious but also able to show his feelings (though not scarily so in the very beginning!) To have some sort of passion that i can either share or be interested in (eg, history, books, rollercoasters lol NOT football hmm) and romantic :]
gota be confidence, the secret gentleman, can look after me but doesnt feel the need to be in my face 24/7. hot is good and def funny
Reply 69
supernova2
Because its not sexy when you have no reason to be arrogant.

Fortunately I have several (and quite compelling) reasons to be arrogant; but yours will do as a general response.
Reply 70
Personality: good sense of humour, easy-going, romantic, nice, intelligent, good music taste :smile:
i've never looked for a specific thing. i've been out with guys who have been between 5ft 6 and 6ft 4, 8st and 14st, brunette/redhead etc. I just know if I want to take things further if I have loads of nonstop conversation with them about anything and everything and fancy the pants off them (but I don't have a specific type aesthetically).

but it kinda goes without saying I want someone who is interesting, funny gorgeous, kind, treats me like his princess even around his mates, isn't afraid of committment and that I trust 150% to never cheat on me.

also the funniness has to be genuinely really amusing and genuine, not someone cracking jokes constantly. i think overall though i've always gone for the nerdy sorta types, slim and pale guys that have interests that aren't football the pub and beer. no bigger turnoff to me than a so-called lad's lad.

thank god i've got him :smile:
Profesh
Fortunately I have several (and quite compelling) reasons to be arrogant; but yours will do as a general response.

Being ginger isnt compelling.
Reply 73
supernova2

It's certainly striking, no?
Reply 74
Desirable qualities include:

telling me when it's safe to cross roads
willing to put up with me
Reply 75
supernova2

Nor is 'not being a Premiership footballer'; nevertheless, I get by.
Reply 76
great personality, cares about u, kind, athletic...and good looking
Profesh

such as?
Guy Secretan
such as?

he's very good at spelling.
Reply 79
Guy Secretan
such as?

Having a seven-inc Not being arrogant enough to comprehensively enumerate them all.

negated enigma
he's very good at spelling.

That, too.

Latest