The Student Room Group

Why do guys think I am trying to steal their GF?

Hi,

If anybody has a perspective on this or has experienced this, please share as I would like to know why and how to handle these situations appropriately.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Rahul2304
Hi,

Things such as the below have been happening to me for years.

Today, in the morning, I was filling up my car when I saw a 30 year old man dressed 'thuggishly' staring at me from the opposite pump and when I looked back at him, he said "What are you looking at?" Like what the ****? He was the one staring at me!I hold my ground in these situations and for this one, I replied with "Good Evening" even though it was the morning so he ended up looking confused.

The same afternoon I was walking down high street to find a place to eat when I realize that there are men staring at me with their gf's and when I look back at them, they do not break eye contact and in general they just feel hostile.

I have been involved in street fights since I was a young kid and I do not fear these people if it came down to violence. However, these sorts of stares have been getting more intense and frequent.

I am 5'10, 22 years old and am generally respectful to people but why is it that men want to start a fight with me, especially when their gf's are around. It gives off insecure vibes like I am trying to take away what they have

To the men reading this, please just work on yourself and improve so much that you no longer need to feel insecure. Projecting the insecurity on people that appear to be doing better than you will only limit your opportunities and put you in bad favor within their eyes.

If anybody has a perspective on this or has experienced this, please share as I would like to know why and how to handle these situations appropriately.

5'10?? grow up lad.
Reply 2
Hi,

Things such as the below have been happening to me for years.

Today, in the morning, I was filling up my car when I saw a 30 year old man dressed 'thuggishly' staring at me from the opposite pump and when I looked back at him, he said "What are you looking at?" Like what the ****? He was the one staring at me!I hold my ground in these situations and for this one, I replied with "Good Evening" even though it was the morning so he ended up looking confused.

The same afternoon I was walking down high street to find a place to eat when I realize that there are men staring at me with their gf's and when I look back at them, they do not break eye contact and in general they just feel hostile.

I have been involved in street fights since I was a young kid and I do not fear these people if it came down to violence. However, these sorts of stares have been getting more intense and frequent.

I am 5'10, 22 years old and am generally respectful to people but why is it that men want to start a fight with me, especially when their gf's are around. It gives off insecure vibes like I am trying to take away what they have

To the men reading this, please just work on yourself and improve so much that you no longer need to feel insecure. Projecting the insecurity on people that appear to be doing better than you will only limit your opportunities and put you in bad favor within their eyes.

Cool story bro.
Hi,

Hey the possibilities are ur really attractive so other men automatically see u as a threat especially if they catch their girl eyeing u down before u even look their way. Icl u gotta be careful tho cuz if they end up swinging a jaw at u it aint gonna end well. Or someone's been going around the neighbourhood talking bs about u saying u steal ppl's gfs or sum ****.
Original post by cbreezyy_17
Hey the possibilities are ur really attractive so other men automatically see u as a threat especially if they catch their girl eyeing u down before u even look their way. Icl u gotta be careful tho cuz if they end up swinging a jaw at u it aint gonna end well. Or someone's been going around the neighbourhood talking bs about u saying u steal ppl's gfs or sum ****.

Hold on that doesn’t make sense if him being an attractive man he’d have pretty much all the girls after him.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hold on that doesn’t make sense if him being an attractive man he’d have pretty much all the girls after him.

Not necessarily girls may think he's taken or too shy or fear of rejection but u do hv a point idk then what r u assuming is the case
Not necessarily girls may think he's taken or too shy or fear of rejection but u do hv a point idk then what r u assuming is the case

If he was taken or too shy/has the fear of rejection probably girls wouldn’t initiate any form of contact nor he makes movement. I think logical reasons is girls are after him.
Original post by Mohammed_80
If he was taken or too shy/has the fear of rejection probably girls wouldn’t initiate any form of contact nor he makes movement. I think logical reasons is girls are after him.

which means he's good looking right?
which means he's good looking right?

Could be for anything not just looks so he maybe attractive with that may come money and wealth, you’ll say nobody will try to initiate contact with you for the sake of using you and your money to gold dig you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Hi,

All comes from insecurity. It’s a compliment man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending