The Student Room Group

What do women see in this Indian tea seller?

Scroll to see replies

He's pakistani LOL does he even look indian?
Original post by Inzamam99
There's been a lot of posts and controversy about the fetishization of this guy on fb and Pakistani newspapers.

What are you even talking about LOL?
My friends are pakistani and are not pathans in pakistan, they are from lahore and have extremely light coloured eyes and fair skin so what is wow about that?
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Same thing.

are you retarded? I guess Bangladesh and Afghanistan is the same thing too then right?
Original post by samantham999
He's pakistani LOL does he even look indian?

Lmao don t be so butthurt, not everyone can tell the difference between nationalities...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Nothing :h:

I don't have edge.

One word: fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhaenys10
Lmao don t be so butthurt, not everyone can tell the difference between nationalities...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm iranian :smile: but in the Uk you can pretty much tell between pakistanis, indians, bangledeshis and afghans

pakistan and afghanistan have more exotic looking ethnic groups (coloured eyes, light skin) similar to middle east tbh

indian and bangledehs have more glowing tanned/dark skin with smaller eyes (im envious lol)
I'm iranian :smile: but in the Uk you can pretty much tell between pakistanis, indians, bangledeshis and afghans

pakistan and afghanistan have more exotic looking ethnic groups (coloured eyes, light skin) similar to middle east tbh

indian and bangledehs have more glowing tanned/dark skin with smaller eyes (im envious lol)

I didn't ask you what nationality you were lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhaenys10
I didn't ask you what nationality you were lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL why do you find every opportunity to be rude to someone? get a life you troll lol

Tbh that isnt true :L I am Indian but i am light skinned and my family is Pathan so yeah not true for all people + I am light skinned:smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Tbh that isnt true :L I am Indian but i am light skinned and my family is Pathan so yeah not true for all people + I am light skinned:smile:

pathan from where? and of course its not true for every single person from those countries but for the most part it is :smile:
pathan from where? and of course its not true for every single person from those countries but for the most part it is :smile:

Well i was born in Uk but yeah parents are from India :yep: My dad speaks pushto :biggrin: But i dont because i never planned to learn it but i do speak urdu so yeah :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789
From India :yep: My dad speaks pushto :biggrin: But i dont because i never planned to learn it but i do speak urdu so yeah :smile:

pathans are generally way lighter than most other ethnic groups in india

pathan falls under ethnic groups in afghan-pakistan anyway so yeah you're light skinned but im saying generally, afghan & pakistan are more light skinned/light eyes and bangledeshis and indians are tanned :smile:
pathans are generally way lighter than most other ethnic groups in india

pathan falls under ethnic groups in afghan-pakistan anyway so yeah you're light skinned but im saying generally, afghan & pakistan are more light skinned/light eyes and bangledeshis and indians are tanned :smile:

Yeahh but im just saying i am light skinned anyways :smile: and i have many pathans as friends where i live so yeah i know
What are you even talking about LOL?
My friends are pakistani and are not pathans in pakistan, they are from lahore and have extremely light coloured eyes and fair skin so what is wow about that?

They tend to be lighter than most other ethnic groups in Pakistan- the remnants of the colonial mindset means this is seen a positive, attractive feature.
They tend to be lighter than most other ethnic groups in Pakistan- the remnants of the colonial mindset means this is seen a positive, attractive feature.

really? balochistan/pathan/lahori people are pretty lightskinned all together, I'm just saying this because a lot of pakistanis (friends) from these places are very fair skinned/light eyes

Ah, i hate that stupid ideology. I'm iranian and its the same tbh. i think its everywhere in Asia
LOL there are people out there dying to be tanned skin because its beaut (including me ha)

every skin colour is beautiful tbh
he's wearing a blue shirt with blue eyes....?

Lighter skin has been seen as attractive for thousands of years in the South Asian subcontinent. The British have little to do with the mindset that was already present.
"Can Pakistans and the world quit their fetishization of the Pathan people meanwhile justifying the expulsion of Pathans as refugees and throwing Pathans under the bus for drone strikes and miltiary occupations?

Can the world move from fetishizing blue/green eyes or the "exotic" look and focus on the violence Pathan bodies have faced for centuries? Can we do that?

The fetishization that my grandmother and many faced for being green/blue eyed Pathans was HORRIBLE. They had deep traumatic stories and prayed to have children with brown eyes and darker skin so they could fit in rather than being objectified consistently. For women that resulted in harassment and violence that was unbearable.

Also not feeling these weak arguments on white supremacy from the diaspora that lack any nuanced understanding of the fetishization of Pathans in the context of Pakistan."

I generally agree with the above- Pathans are seen by some including themselves are "noble savages"- a colonial stereotype introduced by the British.

dude wtf
Original post by Eternalflames
Lighter skin has been seen as attractive for thousands of years in the South Asian subcontinent. The British have little to do with the mindset that was already present.

I agree tbh
Lighter skin is attractive in the whole of Asia (middle east, south and far east)

you can't blame the british for everything. A lot want lighter skin because they believe its superior to dark skin tones and it symbolises wealth as opposed to dark skin which symbolises farmers
I agree tbh
Lighter skin is attractive in the whole of Asia (middle east, south and far east)

you can't blame the british for everything. A lot want lighter skin because they believe its superior to dark skin tones and it symbolises wealth as opposed to dark skin which symbolises farmers

That's the case for Middle East and Far East. The Indian subcontinent however, believes lighter skin is better because the Indo-Aryans conquered that land and were much lighter skinned than the original inhabitants who were dark skinned. They made themselves the beauty standard and now we have dark people in India feeling **** about being dark and I hate it.

Quick Reply

Latest