The Student Room Group

Is it fair that I won the course rep election ?

Ok so I nominated myself for course rep at my uni and so did one other person on my course and as a result we both stood in an ' election'. This involved everyone on the course being sent an email saying who the nominated candidates are and that they need to email back who they wish to vote for. However we get sent a tonne of emails every day and so it's likely a lot of people didn't even read the email or those that did ignored it. I decided to vote for myself so replied to the email and I also told my course mates to vote for me, however it turns out that they either couldn't be bothered or forgot as today I got an email saying the results of the election are as follows :

'ME : 1 vote
Other person : 0 votes
Congratulations ME you are the new course rep '

I can't help but feel that I don't deserve to have won given I only voted for myself and that one vote meant I won the entire thing ????

Thoughts ???
You won fair and square. This behaviour is typical of students - apathy towards anything academic. You should be proud that you are the only one on your course that cares about their studies.
Reply 2
Original post by #ChaosKass
You won fair and square. This behaviour is typical of students - apathy towards anything academic. You should be proud that you are the only one on your course that cares about their studies.

Hahahah thank you and yes it seems people try and avoid anything academic
That's generally how it goes for course rep 'elections', especially in first year when people don't really understand the importance of them. Just wait until 3rd or 4th year when people just become apathetic and no one even applies for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending