The Student Room Group

Best way to get info on this guy?

Saw a guy a week ago from my apartment building, he was checking me out & I overheard him telling someone his flat number. Bumped in to him again later that day & find myself hoping to see him again. Since that's unlikely, I want to find out his name from reception so I can do a quick FB search - this will -perhaps- enable me to find out if he is single, but also it may be that I discover he's not as attractive/interesting as I thought and can get over him (weird logic, I know).

I was thinking of going along & making out I'm going to the flat to pick up a package from Gumtree & wanted to know some more details to make sure it's genuine... are they likely to give it? Is it not worth going to that much effort? I'm not sure how strict they are at reception with stuff like that.
Reply 1
Here's a tip: Stop obsessing over him.

This must be the 100th thread I've seen about this guy. Neediness will only push him away.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Here's a tip: Stop obsessing over him.

This must be the 100th thread I've seen about this guy. Neediness will only push him away.

No I just want advice - once I know his name I'll be fine
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

You just want to know his name so you can wait outside his door or bump into him, that's very stalkerish behaviour. You live in the same building so you will see him again, then when you do ask him.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
You just want to know his name so you can wait outside his door or bump into him, that's very stalkerish behaviour. You live in the same building so you will see him again, then when you do ask him.

I genuinely won't be doing that. It's been a week & I haven't seen him.. By the time I see him it would probably be too late
Reply 5

No, you are definitely obsessing at this point.
Numerous people have provided you with advice and you have chosen to ignore it all because they're not encouraging you to become a stalker.
People have already said that if you ask at reception that you are going to seriously creep the guy out.
They are not going to tell you his information without first asking him if it is okay.
At this stage your obsession level is a real worry and you should really speak to a counsellor on why you can got get over a guy you don't know in the slightest.
Read through the numerous other threads you have posted about the same guy.
People have given you completely normal and un-stalkerish ways of finding out his name so actually use those techniques to get to know him. Honestly though at this stage, I suggest your attraction to him is unhealthy and that you look for love elsewhere.

Finding out his name won't help you in the slightest, because you are clearly too scared to talk to him and he's going to be freaked out if you let slip you know his name when he hasn't given you it. Speak to him first and find out information directly through him. You claim to bump into him a lot so talk to him.
Reply 6
I genuinely won't be doing that. It's been a week & I haven't seen him.. By the time I see him it would probably be too late

So going about finding information about him in a normal way takes too long, but making lots of threads and not approaching him is just fine?
Reply 7
Original post by EmmaCx
So going about finding information about him in a normal way takes too long, but making lots of threads and not approaching him is just fine?

Haven't seen him since.
Reply 8
Haven't seen him since.

Then why are you so fixated? Stop trying to focus on just him. If you see him again try striking up a conversation and in the meantime try and meet other people. As I've said, finding out his name and seeing his Facebook won't fix things. It's not going to fix that you barely see him, it's not going to magically make you able to talk to him or get over him. It's just going to concern him if he ever finds out you've gained access to this information without his permission.

Throw a party and put an invite through his door as well as for others in your apartment block. If he turns up great you've got an opportunity, if not then at least you've got a party and can interact with other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending