The Student Room Group

How do I deal with this?

My school has this system where sixth formers get to help younger students in the school with their studies. However, I have been paired up with this girl in Year 11, who the teachers say is a 'tough student to work with because she doesn't like to do work and sometimes bunks lessons'.

I kept an open mind, and maybe thought that she would be a nice person before I met her for the first time today. But when I first spoke to her, she started laughing and looking over at her friends as if she was making fun of me, and she came across as really rude, talking to me with no respect. I know that I am also just a student, but I am actually using my own time to help her, but she just doesn't seem to be cooperating.

What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by CookieMonster456
My school has this system where sixth formers get to help younger students in the school with their studies. However, I have been paired up with this girl in Year 11, who the teachers say is a 'tough student to work with because she doesn't like to do work and sometimes bunks lessons'.

I kept an open mind, and maybe thought that she would be a nice person before I met her for the first time today. But when I first spoke to her, she started laughing and looking over at her friends as if she was making fun of me, and she came across as really rude, talking to me with no respect. I know that I am also just a student, but I am actually using my own time to help her, but she just doesn't seem to be cooperating.

What should I do?

Refuse to help her. She deserves to fail.
Reply 2
Slap her.
Original post by CookieMonster456

What should I do?

If she doesn't co-operate then tell the teachers or you don't co-operate with her.
She's probably seeking the attention. Maybe she will work better away from her friends.

Quick Reply

Latest