The Student Room Group

Feeling intimidated

Hi I work as a trading assistant, and I have this line manager who I constantly feel intimidated by, picked on and gives off sarcastic vibes with a smile to his face and I do everything possible to avoid him at all costs just do the tasks that I am assigned to hand and that needs to get out the way but he for example he’ll tell me to do one task but afterwards he’ll come up to me and say did I do this and did you also do that when he didn’t tell me in the first place and I am already doing something else. He’s my line manager but he ain’t my dad or my mum and nor am I his personal slave. Am I right in saying that respect is earnt not just immediately given. Who can I escalate a complaint to especially anonymously or what can be done about it is this considered workplace bullying.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
There should be processes and procedures in place for this, and it should be available to you either in some sort of handbook or online - the odds of doing ti anonymously, I don't know. I've never seen an anonymous provision for complaints.If you have a union rep or shop steward they can help, even if you're not part of the union.
Original post by gjd800
There should be processes and procedures in place for this, and it should be available to you either in some sort of handbook or online - the odds of doing ti anonymously, I don't know. I've never seen an anonymous provision for complaints.If you have a union rep or shop steward they can help, even if you're not part of the union.

Just in a form he doesn’t know about it that’s all.
Reply 3
You can undertake some self study in assertiveness, how to stick up for yourself in a polite and positive way.

You can find information on how to successfully deal with difficult people.

He sounds like a poor manager if he is giving ambiguous instructions and delivering unhelpful feedback.

Your comments around slavery and respect are not constructive.
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Just in a form he doesn’t know about it that’s all.

Find the companies HR policy that deals with code of conduct in the workplace, disciplinary procedures, employee grievance. These may show that anonymity is not an option when it comes to dealing with complaints.

An alternative way may be to have a word with his manager about your concerns. That informal way could lend itself to anonymity if that manager is agreeable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending