Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    My daughter is in full time education studying for a BA honours. She is in receipt of DLA at the middle rate care, high rate mobility. We have just taken the DWP to tribunal and won so she is able to claim ESA. My question is will she be put into the support group or work related activity? I'm confused because she isn't saying she can't work, but she can't study full time and do a part time job to help with her income whilst she studies. By this definition, it would be too tiring for her to complete all her degree commitments and turn up for work related activities. Ironically, she's desperate to find employment when she's completed her BA honours, she just needs a leg up whilst studying. Can anyone tell me what help she can get and whether she will have to attend interviews etc on ESA? Also, can she claim housing benefit? Many thanks for any help as I'm so confused!
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    It's up to the dwp to decide which group she goes in.

    She can claim housing benefit, depending on income due to her DLA.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.