The Student Room Group

Student finance - Maintenance loan.

Hello, please help.

I am unsure, I have made a small mistake on the student finance in terms of the maintenance loan, as i also applied for the higher maintenance Loan, which I misunderstood as it said disabled support allowance, not disabled students allowance( as I have ADHD) and that it was for lower income households.

I cannot change the mistake now so I am asking, what is the best thing to do?

I am planning on cancelling the application and redoing it I think this would be the fastest option, but I wanted to double check this method as I don't want to jump into it without checking, if I can still make a new application etc etc.

Thanks!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Nolt54ygh333
Hello, please help.

I am unsure, I have made a small mistake on the student finance in terms of the maintenance loan, as i also applied for the higher maintenance Loan, which I misunderstood as it said disabled support allowance, not disabled students allowance( as I have ADHD) and that it was for lower income households.

I cannot change the mistake now so I am asking, what is the best thing to do?

I am planning on cancelling the application and redoing it I think this would be the fastest option, but I wanted to double check this method as I don't want to jump into it without checking, if I can still make a new application etc etc.

Thanks!

Hi there, are you only looking to apply for the basic amount of Maintenance Loan and not the higher amount of funding available to you? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, are you only looking to apply for the basic amount of Maintenance Loan and not the higher amount of funding available to you? Thanks, Karen

Is the higher amount of the loan only for those with a child, disabilituea and other circumstances? And not for low income? households.
Is the higher amount of the loan only for those with a child, disabilituea and other circumstances? And not for low income? households.

The maximum amount of Maintenance Loan can be requested for all students and this is assessed on the household income. Is this what you are looking to apply for? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
The maximum amount of Maintenance Loan can be requested for all students and this is assessed on the household income. Is this what you are looking to apply for? Thanks, Karen

Yes it is.
But I believe, I also applied for the higher maintenance loan ( thinkjng this wasnfor maximjm )and It asked for evidence for esa and disabled support allowance.

Thanks.
Nolt54
(edited 11 months ago)
Yes it is.
But I believe, I also applied for the higher maintenance loan ( thinkjng this wasnfor maximjm )and It asked for evidence for esa and disabled support allowance.

Thanks.
Nolt54

Have you applied for Disabled Student Allowance? Thanks, Karen
Reply 6
Have you applied for Disabled Student Allowance? Thanks, Karen

Yes I did.
Thanks .

Nolt
Yes I did.
Thanks .

Nolt

I would advise to upload the requested evidence as this may be in relation to your DSA application. Thanks, Karen
Reply 8
I would advise to upload the requested evidence as this may be in relation to your DSA application. Thanks, Karen

Okay thank you, just to confirm the higher maintenance Loan is it for the maximum amount or is it only for certain circumstances?
It asked evidence for the special support grant and therefore do not want to put the DSA evidence in there incorrectly if it shouldn't be there. Thank you Karen
(edited 11 months ago)
Okay thank you, just to confirm the higher maintenance Loan is it for the maximum amount or is it only for certain circumstances?
It asked evidence for the special support grant and therefore do not want to put the DSA evidence in there incorrectly if it shouldn't be there. Thank you Karen

Special Support Loan evidence is separate to your DSA application I would advise to upload the evidence onto your online account and the team will review this for both. Thanks, Karen
Reply 10
Special Support Loan evidence is separate to your DSA application I would advise to upload the evidence onto your online account and the team will review this for both. Thanks, Karen

Yes however I believe I was not meant to apply for the special support loan as I misunderstood it wiht the DSA as it said disabled support allowance. Therefore, that's why I am unsure in how to proceed .

Thanks nolt54
(edited 11 months ago)
Yes however I believe I was not meant to apply for the special support loan as I misunderstood it wiht the DSA as it said disabled support allowance. Therefore, that's why I am unsure in how to proceed .

Thanks nolt54

If you are entitled to Special Support Loan (SSL) this will be assessed for once the application has been reviewed. If you aren't then you will receive the maximum amount of Maintenance Loan available to you. If you don't want to apply for SSL then you can upload a cover letter advising you applied for this in error. Thanks, Karen
Reply 12
If you are entitled to Special Support Loan (SSL) this will be assessed for once the application has been reviewed. If you aren't then you will receive the maximum amount of Maintenance Loan available to you. If you don't want to apply for SSL then you can upload a cover letter advising you applied for this in error. Thanks, Karen

Oh okay thank you soo much karen for your help!! I was really stressing out!
Oh okay thank you soo much karen for your help!! I was really stressing out!

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Reply 14
You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Hello, could you please clarify the difference between higher maintenance Loan, the extra maintenance loan and the SSL.
Hello, could you please clarify the difference between higher maintenance Loan, the extra maintenance loan and the SSL.

Hi there,

The Maintenance Loan can be the standard rate, or it can be income assessed. The Special Support Loan is a higher Maintenance Loan that you may be entitled to if you claim certain benefits or if you meet other criteria. If you'd like us to go into specifics on this just let us know.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 16
Ahh okay many thanks for the clarification.

No extra specifics needed.

Thanks

Nolt45
Ahh okay many thanks for the clarification.

No extra specifics needed.

Thanks

Nolt45

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending