The Student Room Group

Should I apply if GCSE entry requirements are not met

Hey guys, I'm in A-level and planning to study Computer Science and Management in university. I'm looking at different unis , specifically at the course in University of Manchester.
The entry requirements are minimum AAA, which is my predicted grades for A-level for Maths, Physics and Business Studies, so that should be fine. However, they require GCSE grades of A and B, but I got a C for Business Studies in IGCSE (the program back in my country) :frown:
So my question is if these GCSE requirements matter, or most unis doesn't really care about them. Will my chance of being accepted decrease?
Thanks guys :smile:
Email the university and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mbth
Hey guys, I'm in A-level and planning to study Computer Science and Management in university. I'm looking at different unis , specifically at the course in University of Manchester.
The entry requirements are minimum AAA, which is my predicted grades for A-level for Maths, Physics and Business Studies, so that should be fine. However, they require GCSE grades of A and B, but I got a C for Business Studies in IGCSE (the program back in my country) :frown:
So my question is if these GCSE requirements matter, or most unis doesn't really care about them. Will my chance of being accepted decrease?
Thanks guys :smile:

Manchester requires 5 GCSE grades A-B - do you not have these? Alternatively - do you have alternative pre A-level qualifications to add into the mix?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending