The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

My Week

Hey Guys =)

I hope you've had a great week!

I am happy to announce that my partner and I have returned from the Skills Show UK - Robotics UK Final Competition in Birmingham, with a Silver Medal!!!
Our challenge was to build a small mobile robot that would be able to detect RFID tags (i.e. Oyster Cards, Uni Cards, House Fobs) then be able to pick and place objects in the correct locations.

It was hard and stressful at the time, but it was so much fun! I really recommend entering competitions if you can, as it looks really good on your CV and in your portfolio, especially if you do really really well. They are worth the stress and very little sleep!

Despite the fun I had, I am glad that the competition is over now, as it took up a lot of my free time, I now finally have time to work on my assignments, one of which is due in this Friday! I've had to stay late in uni every day since I came back from Birmingham to work in the labs, to try to get the work done. I was hoping to be able to rest a bit when I came back, but it's been pretty full on since I returned unfortunately.

Well, I will catch up with you guys next week!
Remember, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Eva
Middlesex Course Ambassador
Design Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending